Bruko Owner, Assemble!

connor013

Reaction score
My Bruko #5 slim-line is seeing more and more playing time these days -- love that Bruko-twang -- but I'm curious as to your string choices.

Mine is strung with Freemont blacklines, with the new Aquila low G, but I wonder... are the Freemonts too mellow?

So what do you use?

The Fremont Blackline Low G tenor.....023, .027, .031, and .036.......are long enough for my Kent baritone (Harmony/Sears) out of Chicago long ago and I am happy with them tuned DGBE.
PS: Perhaps I should rewrite the tuning EBGD to make sense with the gauges.

Last edited:
Mine is currently wearing some multicoloured "L'il Barney Specials", bought on impulse from Ebay. I actually quite like them, but it sounded a lot louder wearing the Worth Browns it had before.

I just ordered a No. 6 and it is on its way from Germany now. I've heard a lot of bad things about the stock strings so I'll be curious to see what others say about strings too. I'll play the stock strings for a little bit and then jump to Martin flurocarbons first. Martin strings have really grown on me (I used to like Aqullia and still do for laminates, but solid mahogany doesn't sound good to me with them on).

Top Bottom