Kepasa Josephine- 14" Mezzo-Soprano scale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kepasa Josephine- 14" Mezzo-Soprano scale- REDUCED!

I recently bought this Kepasa Josephine (mezzo) soprano from Doc J, and it is a TERRIFIC ukulele (as he can attest). It was hand-made by Kevin Crossett, with a spruce top, Hawaiian koa back and sides, koa neck, tortoise shell binding, and an ideal (in my opinion) 14" scale- just a little more room on the fretboard than a standard soprano, but close enough to still feel like a soprano. The sound is quintessential ukulele, but with a slightly fuller and richer sound than is typical of a soprano. A little faint strum wear on the upper bout, and a VERY faint scratch on the side. It wouldn't show up in photos, and I was actually unaware of it until I was going over the uke with a fine-tooth comb for this posting. You'd never notice it unless you were feeling for it, and it is inconsequential in my opinion- I just want to err on the side of full disclosure.
I've long admired Kevin's work, and this uke was everything I hoped for. So why am I selling it? I've decided to pare down my collection to a few of my all-time favorite ukuleles, and try to complete it by reclaiming a couple of the very best ukes that I've regretted letting go. As it happens, right after I bought this ukulele, two of my 'ones that got away' became available for sale... also taxes came due. For those reasons I am selling a few truly exceptional ukuleles- this being one of them. This was a steal when I bought it, and I am selling it for what I paid. Ordering one of these from Kevin would set you back $850, and you would have a long wait.
Let my collection epiphany (and my tax debt) be your good fortune. A foam style hard case is included, and I'll pay shipping. You cover Paypal fees (or avoid them by sending a postal money order).
You won't find a better uke at this price. Thanks for looking!
$475- shipping and case included. Thanks for looking!
FUllInHand.jpgBody.jpgonBlanket.jpgIncase.jpgFull.jpg

Last edited:
A few More Pics.back.jpgKepasa17.jpgKepasa11.jpgKepasa06.jpg

Attachments

• Kepasa23.jpg
    Kepasa23.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the tax man's axe. That is a great uke. I always enjoyed it.
Good luck on the sale.

I just played a used Kepasa at the local guitar shop today. Holy cow, what a beautiful sound. The one in the shop is a soprano and was listed at $600. Yours seems like a steal. I hope it finds a good home.

wow, I thought it was kind of plain looking until saw the grain on the neck and back/sides.

Last edited:
This is an excellent deal, so clean and with nice wood details.

Yep- it's a honey!
I guess if I wound up keeping it, it wouldn't be the worst thing. 8^)

I have bought a number of ukuleles from Ernie already. He's an honorable guy to deal with and his instruments are always pristine.

Can't believe this custom Kepasa uke is still available.

A great uke at great price from a great UUer.

Thanks Doc_J,
I'm pretty surprised it's sat as long as it has too... BUT- as of this afternoon, I have a buyer!
This uke is now SOLD!
Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom