Mitchell Mu 100

vox

Reaction score
Any Ideas About This Uke? Thanks....

I play the MU-70. I actually liked the sound from it better than the 100. The spruce top on the 70 doesn't look as pretty as the 100's koa wood, but it was a bit cheaper for my second still-a-super-beginner uke.

I'd echo precisely what the user above me said...

I tried the 70 and 100, and didn't detect a huge difference, although I slightly preferred the 70. The only thing I don't care for too much is that it's kinda quiet-- my Kala soprano is actually louder. But the sound is rich, and it's got a really nice weight to it... feels exceptionally solid.

Also, the strings that Mitchells come with are crap. Buy replacement strings when you buy the guitar. I didn't, and now I have to make a second run to the music store to see if they have Worth CM strings...

A good uke...

The Michell MU-100 isn't a great uke, but I rather like its tone. I'd describe it as mellow, yet bright. I prefer the 100 over the 70 quite a bit, and would consider it well worth the difference in price. However, everyone likes different sounding ukuleles, so you might like the tone of the 70 more, or you might like neither at all.

Overall, I consider it a great uke for its price, even if it is a laminate. It sounds perfectly fine, and is built solidly. Heck of a lot more solidly than the Corbodas from the same price range....

right now it's on sale at guitar center for like $129 also, according to the mailing I received in the mail.

Top Bottom