Strap mounting options

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have a couple nice Kamaka tenors, one an 8 string. Both have pickups installed. When I'm standing up at a mic I'm nervous enough already so I would like to use a strap.

A uke thong looks pretty lame to me but realize it is an option.
Is is sacriledge to mount strap buttons into the Body?
Tie around the headstock?
Just sit down?
Learn to stand up?

What have some of you tried?

If it's OK for James Hill to have strap buttons and a strap, then I think that is a good sign for the rest of us. Do what works for you. In a Jake concert, there were some songs where he stood, and others were he sat on a tall stool. Lately he has started wearing a strap too. If you don't want to drill your uke, you can try a Uke Leash. It looks nicer than a uke thong, and holds the neck steady. You still have to hold it a bit with your strumming arm, which may or may not work with some playing techniques.

–Lori

Since you already have a strap button w/your pick up I'd mount the other one out of the way on the bottom side of the neck.

button.jpg

straps

I've seen mixed reviews about the ''leashes".

I am willing to add via a pilot hole a base/body strap end, and try round the neck by the nut, like a guitar, but not sure. Haven't touched my Pineapple, but my 2ns hand travel, came with a base button, so that's easy to sort out - it works find for me - but then I have a soprano.

Top Bottom