Lanikai Low-G

JoeC

Reaction score
hey everyone!

It's been a fair while since I posted on here, but summer is imminent and I'm practicing with my uke more :)

Just wanted to know you guys' opinions on low G strings. I have a Lanikai SMP-C with aquilas atm, but would love to try others!

I heard somewhere - but can't remember the name of - a make of strings that bring out a really nice tone in my uke.. so if anyone has any ideas as to what those strings could be :)

Thanks!

Joe

Southcoast's are excellent, and (though I haven't tried them yet), Worth's non-wound set seems well respected.

You could also try to snag one of Aquila's new red low G strings -- they're pretty cool.

Southcoast! That's the one :) I remember it now.

Just searched briefly on the internet for them, and it appears that nowhere in the UK sells them. So if anyone knows of anywhere that does, please let me know :)

I ordered fluorocarbons from Mya-Moe in the States - cheaper than in the UK and fast delivery! Would recommend as supplier, if he has the ones you want....

I recently put Fremont Blackline Low-G strings on my Lanikai SM-T Spalted Mango Tenor and really like the way they sound. I tried them because they had an unwoung low-g string.

Last edited:
I recently put Fremont Blackline Low-G strings on my Lanikai SM-T Spalted Mango Tenor and really like the way they sound. I tried them because they had an unwoung low-g string.
I agree with the Fremont Low G tenor set. I use them on my Lanikai tenor laminate 21-TE-BK. I also use them on my baritone tuned DGBE and I am pleased with the unwound string on the bass of both set ups.

Last edited:
Southcoast! That's the one :) I remember it now.

Just searched briefly on the internet for them, and it appears that nowhere in the UK sells them. So if anyone knows of anywhere that does, please let me know :)
You'll have to place an order through Southcoast. BTW, check out the Uke Strings thread.

Last edited:
Thank you Kanaka916 for your hard work on the "Uke Strings Thread" It is very much appreciated; all this information assembled and condensed into two neat postings which I have saved and printed out. Regards Jim.

Top Bottom