Bandaids suck

pootsie

Reaction score
Practice + cooking = no more practice tonight :(

One thing at a time, dummy

I hear ya. I sliced the side of my left hand open, right by the pinky joint. Couldn't play anything for a week because of stitches. Well, heel up and get playing soon.

Dan

I can relate, had carpal tunnel surgery 10 days ago and just got the stitches out and bandages off Friday. Have not played for weeks! And with the numbness in my fingers it may be a while before I can get back in to it.

Once slammed a car door on my thumb, 30 minutes before going on stage. The scary thing was, the door closed all the way. I just stood there looking at it in shock and thinking "this isn't going to end well". Turned out the door had thick rubber seal and I'd only bruised it badly. Not the greatest gig of all time though.

i understand your dilemma, i broke my hand on good friday and could'nt play, but after a week i could'nt take anymore and just played as best i could with the plaster cast on, hope your hand gets better soon or the withdrawal symptoms will start

WOW, now I sound like a little whiner. My booboo is all better. You guys have been through some pain, though!

I go for my superglue for small cuts.
For larger cuts gauze and sports tape.
For the really big uns. A visit to the A&E for some stitches.. Or cast or both....

I've done superglue on cuts where I should have gotten it stitched up, and it works very well. Just have to replenish it every couple of days. Not great on joint areas though.

Dan

Great idea for a camping Uke'. A Flea with a metal back instead of plastic. Think of the space you'd save, not having to take cooking pots.

You've just made me think of an add-on for all those underused pressure-cookers out there!

No cuts but i have been wearing a bandaid as I have tried to rid this wart on the side of my left hand middle finger...Did the salasylic apply...have frozen it countless times use the medicated bandaids and its still there...It has defeated everything i could find at the drugstore...modern tecnology---zero.....good old virus.....one Anyone a a good technique for ridding this thing

No cuts but i have been wearing a bandaid as I have tried to rid this wart on the side of my left hand middle finger...Did the salasylic apply...have frozen it countless times use the medicated bandaids and its still there...It has defeated everything i could find at the drugstore...modern tecnology---zero.....good old virus.....one Anyone a a good technique for ridding this thing

May sound kind of sick, but keep slicing it off close to the skin. There's proabably no blood flow or nerves in the wart. I've had a couple on my hand over the years, and that's the only thing that has ever gotten rid of it. It may take a year of constant slicing, but it eventually goes away. Weird, but it worked for me both times.

Dan

I use a product called NuSkin. It's basically super glue with an antiseptic in it. Stings like hell when you put it on but is great for paper or blade cuts on fretting fingers. You can find it at most drug stores. I recently had to put some on my middle knuckle after I took a chunk out with a pair of scissors. Worked very well, even on joints.

I hear ya. I sliced the side of my left hand open, right by the pinky joint. Couldn't play anything for a week because of stitches. Well, heel up and get playing soon.
You were very lucky. I sliced the pinky at the base and had to have surgery to repair severed tendons. Wore a cast for weeks and then had to go thru months of therapy and still lost a good 10% of the extension in that finger. :(

Have you tried duct tape? Seriously. My husband was successful in getting rid of a wart on his foot with it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-525523.html

http://www.warts.org/duct-tape-wart-removal.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape_occlusion_therapy

I just sterilized a pair of kitchen scissors with rubbing alcohol and simply clipped my last wart off..
Bled like a muthaf...a for a few minutes but I got it all. And it healed up nicely.
And when my thumb was partially crushed I just yanked the remaining thumbnail off with my leather an got some TP and duct tape and went off back to work. Got no time for injuries when I work.. ;)
Stepped on a nail. Went clean through my shoes and foot. Got a crowbar yanked it out in front of the customer.
TP'ed up my foot and went back to work.
It's gotta be bad to stop me.. But some how the most bothersome has been my left pinky.. Anything concerning my fingers and my hands scare me when it comes to injuries.
I'm a contractor. And my hands are my livelihood.

Top Bottom