Just art objects, or are they musical instruments too?

The one person that I know that owns one says that theirs is amazing.

I've been eyeing the autobot one for ages. My other passion is collecting 80's plastic robots...

That said $550 is off the chart for a novelty uke IMHO

Well, they're different.

I can see how they cost as much as they do; there must be a lot of work in each one. But it's a lot for a novelty item; I wouldn't want any of them. It's much more important that your uke sounds good than looks good.

Yeah you could pay this etsy store 700 bucks for a tele ukulele on reputation unknown. Or you could get one from Joel Eckhaus at Earnest Instruments. Gee I dunno... tough call.... ;)

I can see how they cost as much as they do; there must be a lot of work in each one. But it's a lot for a novelty item; I wouldn't want any of them. It's much more important that your uke sounds good than looks good.

Yeah, all over the Etsy store and his business website, there are numerous claims that everything is done without CNC machines. I don't know if it's his target audience, or a requirement of his Art that is behind that.

Being a technical person, those repeated claims make me twitchy. That said, the Atom and the Pac Man designs are giving me ideas, expensive ones...

They are interesting, but for the price they better sound wonderful. I can't justify hanging a $700 uke on my wall just for looks unless I owned a museum...which I don't! :D

Yeah, all over the Etsy store and his business website, there are numerous claims that everything is done without CNC machines. I don't know if it's his target audience, or a requirement of his Art that is behind that.

Being a technical person, those repeated claims make me twitchy. That said, the Atom and the Pac Man designs are giving me ideas, expensive ones...

There's A LOT of that on Etsy. It's actually more and difficult to find the people making things that are handmade. At least you can go to Regretsy to find the humor in it. :)

Top Bottom