FS: Gorgeous Kanile'a K-1 Tenor Deluxe with Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, I can't believe I am doing this but I need to settle. I have tried a lot of ukuleles out over the year in oder to find the right ones for me. This Kanile'a K-1 is the most beautiful ukulele I have ever owned and the sound is amazing. I am selling because I have a K-1 super tenor which is also stunning and also sounds amazing and there is not enough of a difference to justify keeping both.

This beauty is a Kanile'a K-1 deluxe purchased from MGM before he was with HMS. It is in perfect condition. No scratches, no dings, no scuffs. It is a 2010 with upgrades. It is the deluxe model with upgraded curly koa, gold plated grover tuners, UV high gloss finish, K & K passive pick-up, and a professionally installed button for strap on the neck. It is strung with low-g Aquillas. Also included is the deluxe hard case.

Many of you know that last month I hosted Jake Shimabukuro at my theatre for a concert. I showed him this uke. Once I opened the case he commented on its physical beauty. He asked if he could try it and, of course I handed it to him. He played "While My guitar Gently Weeps" on it in the dressing room. It sounded great. He gave it back and said, "Play this one every day, it is beautiful. It will continue to get better and better with age." I swear that it now has some of his mojo.

I am asking $1000 shipped, insured.
$950 you pay shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 32