Insurance for your ukes

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
Does anyone have insurance on their ukes? When I think of what I have spent on my ukes it seems like a good idea, especially here in earthquake country...

I called and received a quote (which seemed perfectly reasonable, surprisingly). My only hold up is that they will insure up to modern replacement value. That is fine for all of my instruments, except my '50s Martin Tenor. I don't want a modern Martin Tenor if something were to happen to vintage Martin. My other option is "collectibles" insurance, and I haven't gotten a quote on that yet.

I am curious if your ukes are insured, especially your vintage stuff. What type of policy do you have on those?

My ukes are fairly inexpensive but so they're not under any special coverage. However, I do own a number of high end, $5000+, guitars and basses. They are covered by a rider on my homeowner's insurance. Even though they are covered for the current replacement value, the sentimental value is astronomical. I find that most insurance companies can handle what you want to insure for the right amount of money... their right amount, not yours!

Usually on your homeowner's or renter's insurance you can specify the approximate value of the contents of your house and they will cover furniture, instruments, etc. up to that amount. A lot of people keep "video catalogs" of possessions (off-site at a photo storage place or on a CD in a safe-deposit box). If you have any single item that is unusually valuable or where it might be difficult to substantiate its value you might want to get an appraisal and insurance on it.

I have insurance on my Moore Bettah. It is insured for the value I paid for it -- like it could ever be replaced...
But...I had to provide a photo and a copy of the receipt. I also had to state that I am nota professional musician. It's $30 a year. It's a rider on our main policy. Totally worth it because it's expensive instrument.

Top Bottom