getting what i want

NoahOathKeeper

Reaction score
Ive been looking around to buy a new/used uke .
Id really like to try one before i buy it . not many close shops carry ukes around here , id like to try a tenor , solid mahogany with a low g set up . the closest shop around me dont even carry low g ukulele strings . any advice ? PS: people say mims is great . but ive visited there site and all attempts to make contact have failed .

Ive been looking around to buy a new/used uke .
Id really like to try one before i buy it . not many close shops carry ukes around here , id like to try a tenor , solid mahogany with a low g set up . the closest shop around me dont even carry low g ukulele strings . any advice ? PS: people say mims is great . but ive visited there site and all attempts to make contact have failed .
Keep trying with Mim.

I got a uke from her last month so she is still around. She's moved over by Floyd VA (NW of Martinsville) and getting settled in to may not be checking emails as much. You can also PM her here on the forum. I'm not sure where you are in NC but it could be a road trip to try one out.

Good luck

Mim is good, Uke republic is another option, as is HMS - any of those can set a uke up any way you like it and they have a great reputation here. Mike at Mainland will also set his up any way you like. I have a Mainland mahogany tenor in low-G and I love it. I bought it used, intending to switch it to reentrant G because I'd never found a low G that really did it for me. Ended up loving this one and left it low-G. It's also the only nice uke that I've liked Aquila strings on.

John

i did get in touch with mim today .. she has moved REALLY far away from me .. but i may still get one from her she has one i really like

Top Bottom