Where can I get some new strings?

Which is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acabooe

Reaction score
I have a Kala KA-KT tenor.
I am pretty sure that it came stock with GHS strings.
It sounds ok, but I don't like the 3rd wound metal string ( I like clear or black nylon strings ).

I saw in one of Aldrine's lessons, that he uses D'Addario strings ( high tension )
I also found out that Jake uses D'Addario stings.

My question is, where can I get some good high tension D'Addario strings for my 4 string tenor.

I am thinking that it will probably need to be on the internet, because I live in Texas, and there are no music shops close by that actually consider the Ukulele to be an instrument. ( I went into guitar center, and they were like "uh...youkalaylee, that's like a small guitar right?" So I got outta there as fast as I could :p )

Mahalo for your help and suggestions
Acabooe:cool:

I have a Kala KA-KT tenor.
I am pretty sure that it came stock with GHS strings.
It sounds ok, but I don't like the 3rd wound metal string ( I like clear or black nylon strings ).

I saw in one of Aldrine's lessons, that he uses D'Addario strings ( high tension )
I also found out that Jake uses D'Addario stings.

My question is, where can I get some good high tension D'Addario strings for my 4 string tenor.

I am thinking that it will probably need to be on the internet, because I live in Texas, and there are no music shops close by that actually consider the Ukulele to be an instrument. ( I went into guitar center, and they were like "uh...youkalaylee, that's like a small guitar right?" So I got outta there as fast as I could :p )

Mahalo for your help and suggestions

Hey i JUST finished putting on my new D'Addario strings. I purchased mine from musicians friend for 3.99. These are the J71 strings the ones they say are endorsed by Jake Shimabukuro. The strings are WAY better than the stock strings that came with my Kala KTEC. So yah, musicians friend is a reliable place to get them. I live in guam too and the shipping was pretty fast... took only about a week to get here. So you being in texas I would imagine they would get there within a few days of shipping confirmation.

hope that helps!

Hey, thanks.

I was really wanting some new strings, b/c these don't sound like I want them to.

Mahalo

I think the poll needs to be fixed. I didn't vote. :(

My order of preference:
  • Worth
  • D'Addario
  • Aquila

what strings is best on a KoAloha concert? I know some ukes are better in Worth or Aquilla depending if it is a concert or tenor. But I don't know which one to choose from: Worth or D'addario. How does the KoAloha concert sound with D'addario's? Please help me out.

thanks, do you know if there sold in hawaii or would i have to buy it online? because as of right now i can't buy it online.

thanks, do you know if there sold in hawaii or would i have to buy it online? because as of right now i can't buy it online.

i just bought some d'addarios online. Check some of the bigger online stores like musicians friend.

woops:eek:
When I put this post up, I had only done a few posts here, so I was new.
I accidently hit the poll thing, and then didin't know what to do.
I just put down what ever I was thinking at the time.
"Which Ukulele company is the best?"

O well, ya live and learn right:eek::eek:

Sorry to everyone that is confused or weirded out by my mistake.

The poll will end in a few days.

Acabooe ( formerly :cool:)

what strings is best on a KoAloha concert? I know some ukes are better in Worth or Aquilla depending if it is a concert or tenor. But I don't know which one to choose from: Worth or D'addario. How does the KoAloha concert sound with D'addario's? Please help me out.

I have a Koaloha super concert. Started with Aquilas and they were nice but EXTREMELY bright! I just switched to Koolau golds......nice! Still bright, but much warmer..

Top Bottom