• Ohana CK-10S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kala KA-C

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

29x10

Reaction score
What ukulele should I get as my first?
Ohana CK-10S - (19 Frets, Laminate Mahogany Top, Back & Sides, Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge, Satin Finish, Open Geared Tuners, GHS Strings)
Kala KA-C (18 Frets, Laminate Mahogany Top, Back & Sides, White Binding, Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge, Satin Finish, Chrome Die-Cast Sealed Geared tuners, Premium AQUILA NYLGUT Strings)
Thanks for replies in advance!

Last edited:
Not what you want to hear, but... I don't think anyone here can say with authority which of those two "you should buy." Suggest you read the thread above in the stickys re: entry level ukes.

In this range both brands are good. Surely advocates of each here. One is probably as good as the other based on the one YOU get. Buy either one from a reputable dealer that will do a proper setup and they will be more alike than not.

Unless you can try each before purchase, pick the one that appeals to you based on appearance. If you stick with it, you'll be buying another one anyway. And another one. And another one...

Two-nine...
I am sure that you will "know" which uke feels and sounds the best to you. It's really an individual thing, and just like Ukamonga said, no one else can tell you which uke will be yours. It's too personal.
But that dosen't mean you shouldn't do all your research. I didn't do much for my 1st uke, and I never was all that happy with it. It was an impulse buy, all emotion. But it led me to the one I play all the time now, my Kala. I couldn't love a uke more! (At least I'll say that until the next one comes in June).
welcome to the bug... enjoy, and beware UAS!

I played the Ohana (setup with Aquila strings) at a local shop and liked it quite a bit. There seems to be very few reviews of that particlular model online. I'm not sure if I played the Kala at some point or not because I played a bunch of Ukes before deciding on one. It came down to the Ohana vs. a Hulala which I ended up ordering from Uke Republic. Interestingly, I've never played a Hulala (and haven't received it yet), so hopefully I like it as well as the Ohana. Don't know if this helps you or not...

Top Bottom