WTB - Bone Saddle

Paul December

Reaction score
:eek: Ooops...I sanded mine down too low!
It is for a Kala (Lanikai is the same): 53 x 3 x7mm(or taller)
I don't want to wait for one to be shipped from Asia, or buy a dozen...
...so possibly you already waited for your dozen to be shipped from Asia and want to sell me one of them
:D

If you can't find anything, you can shim the saddle, maybe with a slice of an old credit card or something that will transfer vibrations. I had an old swap meet guitar or two I made a new nut for that ended up with a piece of business card under the bottom...

Or try here or here for something you may be able to start with if it comes to that. The luthier forum might even take pity on you, or maybe check with one of the US resellers of Kala who posts here, say Mim?

Yeah, Bob is way high for a saddle for a cheap Chinese uke! I have browsed his awesome work several times over the years.

If you can't find anything, you can shim the saddle, maybe with a slice of an old credit card or something that will transfer vibrations. I had an old swap meet guitar or two I made a new nut for that ended up with a piece of business card under the bottom

Thanks, I did shim it with a sliced-up credit card, but...
...it isn't transferring the higher frequencies as well as without it.

Well, no, it's only a temporary spacer, but it will let you play it. I saw some saddles on eBay, and nuts for acoustic guitar that were close to your uke saddle dimensions. It might be worth looking at a guitar part supply store. I got a Martin replacement bone saddle blank somewhere, and it is absolutely perfect in fit to the bridge of a Martin tenor uke clone I have, I just have to taper it and take the top down. Can't remember where though, but probably online guitar supplies.... :confused:

I have two classical guitar blanks in my parts drawer, all you will have to do is file and fit. Where do you live?

Use a metal shim instead of a plastic shim. Automotive feeler gauges can be bought for less than $5 at your local auto parts store. They will have any thickness of metal shim you need.

Use a metal shim instead of a plastic shim. Automotive feeler gauges can be bought for less than $5 at your local auto parts store. They will have any thickness of metal shim you need.

(slaps forehead..) :worship:

Top Bottom