Tabs?

liquid_wind

Reaction score
I'm not quite used to reading tabs, I get the concept, but is there any good websites that have regular written music if that's what its called.

if you dont mind me asking why cant you read tabs? they are extremely easy? im not trying to be insulting just to let u no just tryn 2 help u understand how to read a tab. Tryn 2 get all the questions out you have concerning tabs

if you use search button on here and type in how to read chords, or browse a little more on the forum, you will find some great info on how to read tabs.

I had a heckuva hard time learning to read tabs. Sure, reading them is easy, now actually playing and reading them at the same time takes practice for most people. I just kept practicing, first song I played all the way through was Yankee Doodle

Invest the time required to learn how to read tabs. You'll be glad you did.

In my experience, the major problem playing from reading tabs is you need to know what the song sounds like. Therefore, it helps to have a recording of the piece at hand when practicing.

In my experience, the major problem playing from reading tabs is you need to know what the song sounds like. Therefore, it helps to have a recording of the piece at hand when practicing.

For me the same can be said for any type of printed music from notes to tabs to just chords, and you have to find a version of the song that you want to play.... take a look at how many styles/versions of Ukulele Lady there are for example!!!

find songs done with powertab...that way you can hear the song, see the notes being played, and see the tabs all at the same time!

my favorite source is UU's own dominator!

Each line represents a string on your uke

A----------
E----------
C----------
G----------

Then each number you see on the line represents a fret on the fretboard

A-3-------- <<<<That would be a C chord
E----------
C----------
G----------

A-2-------- <<<< that would be a G chord
E-3--------