User reputation addon

That was one of the reasons for removing the rep points.

I was a mod on a board where that turned into nonstop drama. yuck
Please never add it here!

I'm beginning to come around to your way of thinking ;)

Being serious for one moment though (and that's a real struggle for me at the best of times), what I hadn't taken into consideration was the global nature of the UU forum. When you consider the widely differing sense of humour of different nationalities, it's so easy to forget that what might sound perfectly innocuous in ones own country, might come across as very offensive in another. For example, I've found out to my cost over the years that irony & sarcasm, whilst perfectly acceptable down the pub in England, can lead to trouble in America.

Best left alone, eh ?

I'm beginning to come around to your way of thinking ;)

Being serious for one moment though (and that's a real struggle for me at the best of times), what I hadn't taken into consideration was the global nature of the UU forum. When you consider the widely differing sense of humour of different nationalities, it's so easy to forget that what might sound perfectly innocuous in ones own country, might come across as very offensive in another. For example, I've found out to my cost over the years that irony & sarcasm, whilst perfectly acceptable down the pub in England, can lead to trouble in America.

Best left alone, eh ?

You're just going to the wrong places in America. :p

As a newbie to this forum, I would have found it very intimidating to have that type of ranking here (although ranking somewhat works in the eBay space). For me the different titles such as "Senior Member" are plenty enough and my hopes are that any unfriendliness will weed itself out of this forum. There are comments here on our visitor's page of each profile so if I were researching someone that could help.

mo9090x, just so you know, this board has me ranked as a "senior member" now because I have posted a lot

I have only had a uke in my hands for 2.5 months so far

So what the rank really means is that I am chatty and full of questions. Please do not take my advice on ukuleles.

Top Bottom