Updates
Successful jobs on UU so far: 2
One of the guys I helped: Here
Currently: Available
Some quick designs geared towards ukuleles: Here & here

Some other work:
Portfolio
Here

I got a ukulele for my birthday and I love how it looks and it sounds great to me but I'm fascinated by all the different sizes and styles out there. After browsing around I stumbled on a number of websites that sell ukes and I want to buy them all because I'm a freak like that but I don't make bank (actually I'm in college so I don't make a dime) so I got to thinking... maybe there is someone out there that wants to redesign their website.

I've been learning web development (I'm a computer science major) for about three years now and I'm offering to build or redesign you a website for a business you have or perhaps for something you want to begin but just haven't gotten around to. I'm doing this for experience/to build my portfolio as well as hopefully get my hands on another one of these beautiful creations; or cash if you prefer.

You can look at my portfolio here or feel free to message me for more. I've worked with bigcartel, which is an easy to manage shopping cart with low monthly plans (UU uses this for their store), as well as built my own CMS. Message me if you're interested in what I have to offer! Payment can be in the form of a Ukulele, or via Paypal. Thanks!

Some of my web skills: HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, and a little JavaScript
Other programming skills: Java, C++, and Assembly Language

PS: One thing that drew me and I'm sure hundreds of other to ukulele underground is the design. Your website can boost your sales/traffic and I've stumbled upon a lot of sites stuck in the 90s. So hit me up?!

Last edited:
I'm so pleased with these forums! I've been a web enthusiast for my entire life and have been a member of dozens of forums but this one yields the quickest responses hands down.

Look at MY website we designed in the late 90's -early 2000. We have vacation rentals on the Oregon Coast & also at Disneyworld we own & would maybe trade for ukes. I also am a UAS nut. Here is MY website www.dreamvacationspots.com

Don

I had to google UAS and I think it's hilarious that its a thing that actually exists - I thought I was just weird.

I could TOTALLY do some work on that website(no offense)! Definitely strikes me as 90s.

I could use a few details on the business (I take it you own a few places and you rent them out on the website?). If you have any ideas or color schemes you prefer we can begin there. Do you currently use a CMS (content management system) to upload your content or do you have everything coded in. It this jargon doesn't make sense we can maybe talk over msn or whatever works for you so we don't clutter up the forums :)

I'm interested in the job and there's no pressure but if you like what I do I think we could have each of us a good deal!

Just in case anyone else looks at this thread I'm gonna post an update on the project so y'all can see my work. It's a work in progress but here's the link: http://kevinkulp.com/rentals

I've done all of this from scratch and if anyone else might be interested I can start working on their project whenever. It's summer for me so I'm free all hours of the day for 8 more days now. I work fast but I'm in no hurry. Just keeping myself busy :)

Feedback: Simple, clean, uncluttered; you just need more contrast in the green background for the side links, you're losing the white text. I also think you should take the BG color on that left sidebar all the way down to the bottom of the white center portion of the page so it looks balanced.

Otherwise good, and "Will work for ukes", I like that! :cool:

Last edited:
Feedback: Simple, clean, uncluttered; you just need more contrast in the green background for the side links, you're losing the white text. I also think you should take the BG color on that left sidebar all the way down to the bottom of the white center portion of the page so it looks balanced.

Otherwise good, and "Will work for ukes", I like that! :cool:

I always appreciate when people give me feedback! I agree about the green, I have a hard time doing the initial design and color scheme (went through 2 designs and schemes in a matter of a few hours for this one) and it's especially difficult because peoples eyes are different, monitors have different light settings, and monitors don't even show the colors the same. I'll definitely keep that in mind and try to come up with a better color. As for the navigation bar, I extended it as you suggested.

I'm glad you like it, that was the very idea.. well put! :cool:

EDIT: Fixed the color, hope it works better :)

Last edited:
Updates
Successful jobs on UU so far: 1
Available for work as of: 1/1/13
Recent design geared towards ukuleles: http://kevinkulp.com/wood [Added 1/1/13]

I got a ukulele for my birthday and I love how it looks and it sounds great to me but I'm fascinated by all the different sizes and styles out there. After browsing around I stumbled on a number of websites that sell ukes and I want to buy them all because I'm a freak like that but I don't make bank (actually I'm in college so I don't make a dime) so I got to thinking... maybe there is someone out there that wants to redesign their website.

I've been learning web development (I'm a computer science major) for about three years now and I'm offering to build or redesign you a website for a business you have or perhaps for something you want to begin but just haven't gotten around to. I'm doing this for experience/to build my portfolio as well as hopefully get my hands on another one of these beautiful creations; or cash if you prefer.

You can look at my portfolio here or feel free to message me for more. I've worked with bigcartel, which is an easy to manage shopping cart with low monthly plans (UU uses this for their store), as well as built my own CMS. Message me if you're interested in what I have to offer! Payment can be in the form of a Ukulele, or via Paypal. Thanks!

Some of my web skills: HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, and a little JavaScript
Other programming skills: Java, C++, and Assembly Language

PS: One thing that drew me and I'm sure hundreds of other to ukulele underground is the design. Your website can boost your sales/traffic and I've stumbled upon a lot of sites stuck in the 90s. So hit me up?!

I would appreciate a pro's help with my site! I've just begun to develop an online store. Please visit Jacksukulele.com. We need help. Thanks! http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.png

Completed with another job, open again :cool:

He posted a thread (review kind of) after I worked on his website and I put link in original post.

Hi mate,

Pm sent..

Top Bottom