L.D. Zerone Ukuleles

Mr. Sociable

Reaction score
Hey all,

I noticed one of these Uke's for sale online, but can't find much info on the company, and zero reviews. I've tried searching on here, googling, wikipedia, everything, and nothing comes up. All I know is that they have a website http://www.ldzerone.com/index.html.

The uke is solid mahogany, the model number is MUKT-20.

Here's a pic:
101_9045.jpg

Any knowledge on how this model plays?

Last edited:
The design and shape almost look like (to me) a Bushman Uke...or is it just me?...

No knowledge of how it plays, but they've apparently been around since 1930(?)

And they're located in Philadelphia...

"If you are in the Philadelphia or South Jersey area, you may check it out in person if you want"

I'm sorry - I'm not giving much info about how it would play but if you were thinking about giving it a shot - I say shoot away. :D

These are defineltely a chinese ukes from the factories like ones Bushman has used. Also notice the small print no returns due to action buzz etc all sales final...lol Truth be known you can get almost any ukulele chinese made to have your name on it....if you buy the right amount or want all the seconds and blemishes. I have blanks of most all major chinese brands sent to me for purchase prospects...minus the major producers name...Zerone may have been in business since 1930 but this uke sure hasnt

Last edited:
Do not buy L.D. Zerone ukulele case

They are absolute crap, mine fell apart in 3 months and it never left my bedroom. They would not replace or refund. Stay away from this co.

Hey thanks for your opinion on the cases--I had my credit card out ready to buy one (so good looking!) Guess I'll keep looking

These are defineltely a chinese ukes from the factories like ones Bushman has used. Also notice the small print no returns due to action buzz etc all sales final...lol Truth be known you can get almost any ukulele chinese made to have your name on it....if you buy the right amount or want all the seconds and blemishes. I have blanks of most all major chinese brands sent to me for purchase prospects...minus the major producers name...Zerone may have been in business since 1930 but this uke sure hasnt

I had a feeling that this was one of those things that could simply be made and have a company name on it. I've seen these in person and find myself thinking, "what's supposed to be so special about these?"
Incidentally, the "established 1930" isn't how long this company has been producing. It's the birth year of the guy for whom these are named.

Shame to learn the cases don't hold up. Those are very good looking in person.

Hey- this is an old thread, so things may have changed, but I got a uke baritone uke from them a few months ago and LOVE it. The case mine came with was an old 60's style case...sturdy and protective.

I bought a uke from some guy and he sent me one of those self destructing cases that must have been made by those guys.

Freaking put strands of crap everywhere like a shedding dog on steroids.

Top Bottom