Budded Roses - Woody Guthrie clawhammer uke and guitar cover

23skidoo

Reaction score
Hey folks-

Finally got some time to do some recording this afternoon - it's been a while....

This is for UKISOCIETY's Woody 2012 tribute YouTube channel. I've been working on the clawhammer thing for a few months now and this is its public debut..... still very rough (you'll probably notice the overdubs) but, as Paul McCartney says, it's getting better all the time......

Enjoy!

Great,no, EXCELLENT job my man, that was fantastic really really loved it,it sounded great :) I am a recent convert to woody and absolutely love his stuff.
Its fantastic to see you posting vids again, just need you over in the seasons comp now :) hope to see some more from you soon, and thanks for all your support for me to :) always enjoy your songs :eek:

Thanks Davey & Geoff - appreciate the comments! And Davey - I'm going to try to make some time each week to record - it's such great, concentrated practice - I really enjoy doing it and I've built up a backlist of tunes I want to tackle, so hopefully there'll be more to come..... thanks again for the kind words, man....

Welcome back Bill. You've been missed mate. And what a return tune....just superb in every aspect. Man, you've got all bases covered, that was wonderful. So authentic, and your clawhammer is a BIG step up from the tassie-one-finger-redneck method. WELL DONE man.
Still watching that Dylan song you did on the guitar. It's in my faves list. Anyone who hasn't seen it, check this out
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...ots-of-Spanish-Leather-Bob-Dylan-guitar-cover

Really nice! Thanks for sharing.

many thanks, fellas.... this is a great old tune, lots of wonderful versions, but this is Woody's (copyrighted) take on it.....

Jon - thanks for the props on the Dylan tune, too - glad you're diggin it..... and a buddy loaned me a 5-string banjo a few weeks ago.... it's a garage sale beater, but it's really helped me get the clawhammer technique a lot smoother and fit for public consumption......

hey

nice job with the clawhammer.

I cannot get claw hammer for some reason.

I have tried and tried.

eor

Thanks eor - I'm sure you've seen Aaron Keim's tutorials, but have you tried ezfolk.com? He's got some great tutorials and tabs. The tablature is great because most tunes have progressively more difficult arrangements - start with the most basic and work your way up, building up speed and complexity. If you haven't given it a shot, it might help.....

Dig is an understatement my friend...now I will rip my hair out trying to figure that out- sounded so good

Top Bottom