mi-si in the UK???

UK Paulie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is mainly aimed at people here in the UK but if anyone else happens to know the answer, it would be appreciated. Ok so I have an ukulele on its way to me from Hawaii and I have ordered it with a mi-si. It was only afterwards, when I saw a pic of the actual pick-up system that I realized the charger for the mi-si has a two-pronged plug on it...Here in the UK our plugs and sockets are completely different 3 pronged ones. So, my wquestion is does anyone in the UK have one or does ANYONE know how I'll be able to get around this? I suspect I will just need an adaptor like a travel adaptor or something but IDK...Anyone?

Our power grids are so different I suspect travel adaptor is the only way...I take one with me whenever I am in the UK (or elsewhere). Simple and effective...and not too expensive.

You can charge it on a 9 volt battery using a guitar cable. The manual will explain how.

Paul It's easy mate, just buy a three pronged shaver adapter, they're only a couple of quid. I've got two, one for my Mainland and one for my Kanile'a, and they work just fine.

Thanks everyone, Uncle Leroy - I'm not sure than the manual will be with it?? Its coming pre-installed by HMS...
UkuEroll - Wow so is that 2 pronged plug on the mi-si charger the same as an electric razors plug? Cheers guys!! New uke day coming up!!!! Its a Pono RTSH5 and I can't wait!!!

Thank you mate thats really decent. I really appreciate that. I've heard about doing that in cases where you forget the charger but do they actually give official directions on doing it? Thats quite cool!! haha Cheers Uncle Leroy

Thanks everyone, Uncle Leroy - I'm not sure than the manual will be with it?? Its coming pre-installed by HMS...
UkuEroll - Wow so is that 2 pronged plug on the mi-si charger the same as an electric razors plug?
Sure is Paul...Call my Leroy. Happy new Ukulele day! You'll be well happy with the Misi, it stays charged fo ages.

Just make sure you don't plug it in without making sure it isn't set to 110v, if it's switchable. Of course, most adapters aren't, and are dual voltage, but you don't want a room full of smoke.

I've just had a look at the picture you mean, and you need to check it supports 220v. If not, just get hold of a UK adapter with the same output voltage, see how the jack is wired, and make your own.

And I've just had another look on the web and it seems to be 110/220.

Last edited:
Just make sure you don't plug it in without making sure it isn't set to 110v, if it's switchable. Of course, most adapters aren't, and are dual voltage, but you don't want a room full of smoke.

I've just had a look at the picture you mean, and you need to check it supports 220v. If not, just get hold of a UK adapter with the same output voltage, see how the jack is wired, and make your own.

And I've just had another look on the web and it seems to be 110/220.
If he's buying in the Uk if won't be an issue. Just plug and play. The one's I use have been kicking around for house for the last 15years and they work fine.

Top Bottom