Kinda cute, but $2000?

I'll make you one just like it for half the price. And leave off the silly inlay. :D

That one bid might just be a shill, ya think?

It's had the bridge screwed on? One bid that started with the price at $2K to me screams bozo shilling his own stuff.

Yep, that one is going to backfire on the fellow methinks!! What a goon! nobody in their right mind is going to try to outbid on that , at that price! In That condition! 20-odd mins to go....lol

I agree, something strange about the bidding.

On the uke side, it is really unique and I wish I knew who made it. I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection (at a much, much lower price). When I look as something like this I think of the time and energy which went into the design and build of this ukulele say....75 years ago, give or take.......whomever ordered this put his or her hard earned money into it and must have been thrilled the day it arrived. I like odd, one-off type of things. If it were mine, I would replace the missing abalone, pull the bridge, take out the screws and put two abalone plugs in the screw holes, then attach it properly.

Thanks for posting it.

so, it sold for 2000.. explinations

1. really stupid person

2. treasure map hidden inside

3. money laundering scheeme

4. reaaly poor attempt to jack up price and forgot to pull acton at last minute.

5. ailiens?

6. i got nothin.

I just watched George Formby's "Keep Your Seats, Please", so I have a theory. Little inside joke for Formby fans... :)

Yeah, if you look under the bid history, it shows the starting price as $800, then the first bid is $2K? I don't think so.

Actually, that just means that the uke was listed with an $800 opening bid and a $2k minimum or buy-it-now and somebody bid 2k or paid the buy-it-now. Pretty mind boggling, still; IMHO people with taste poor enough to actually want that gussied-up cheap whore of a uke shouldn't have $2k in pocket change to spend on it. LOL

As much inlay as is missing it couldn't have been very well made to begin with, I think. Well, maybe the uke is okay, but whoever did the inlay had little taste and apparently little skill unless they found that thing at the bottom of a lake!

John

gussied-up cheap whore of a uke

Best laugh I've had all day, and I needed one. So thanks for that :)

I still think the uke, in all its handmade amateurish tackiness, is cute. But not two grand worth of cute, that's for certain!

Ahem, well, methinks I smell a rat!

Actually, that just means that the uke was listed with an $800 opening bid and a $2k minimum or buy-it-now and somebody bid 2k or paid the buy-it-now.
Actually, when I first saw the listing, there was still time left even with the $2K bid. If that were a buy-it-now price, wouldn't it have ended the auction?

Top Bottom