My new uke is here!

Gadzukes!

Reaction score
Kala held a contest in October of last year to design one of their new Ukadelics and I was chosen as one of the winners. After many months, the new designs are in, and I just received mine today!

Ukadelic.jpg

The design turned out better than I expected. I'm actually surprised at the level of detail, it doesn't look silkscreened at all. The faux red tortoiseshell binding around the edge is a nice touch.

Aquila Nylgut strings seem an improvement over the previous Ukadelics, but the intonation is pretty frightful. Fretting a C on the A string goes a full 25 cents sharp. I suspect with a proper setup, however, it actually wouldn't sound all that bad, but who would want to pay for a setup on such an inexpensive instrument? All the more reason to order from somewhere like Hawaii Music Supply that does a free setup (or learn how to do it yourself!).

Last edited:
Now that is just uber cool! What a unique achievement. Great looking uke.

wow nice job and congrats! That is a sweet looking uke and you should be proud. Since it is "your" ukulele maybe you should have it set up. It's be worth it :)

Very cool - must be gratifying to see your design come to life. Congratulations.

Very pretty. Job well done! It sure would look great on my wall!

COngrats, it looks awesome!

wow nice job and congrats! That is a sweet looking uke and you should be proud. Since it is "your" ukulele maybe you should have it set up. It's be worth it :)

It might be time for me to learn how to do it myself. I gather it's not too hard if you have the right tools.

Kala held a contest in October of last year to design one of their new Ukadelics and I was chosen as one of the winners. After many months, the new designs are in, and I just received mine today!

View attachment 37699

The design turned out better than I expected. I'm actually surprised at the level of detail, it doesn't look silkscreened at all. The faux red tortoiseshell binding around the edge is a nice touch.

Aquila Nylgut strings seem an improvement over the previous Ukadelics, but the intonation is pretty frightful. Fretting a C on the A string goes a full 25 cents sharp. I suspect with a proper setup, however, it actually wouldn't sound all that bad, but who would want to pay for a setup on such an inexpensive instrument? All the more reason to order from somewhere like Hawaii Music Supply that does a free setup (or learn how to do it yourself!).

That is an awesome design! Congratulations. I can see why it was one Kala selected.

Very cool and Congrats!

Top Bottom