New 2CD set: ukulele recordings

H

Hippie Dribble

hi folks

Here are two "new" CD's I have for sale.

During some moves and personal upheavals last year I managed to lose a lot of recordings I'd previously made, as well as the master discs. Also, I don't have a website going anymore (I'm just not able to maintain it) where I can sell these, hence, the reason for the ad here...

I spent the last couple of weeks arranging some of the tunes from the mixing desk, picking out what I liked best, and compiling 2 records which I am offering for sale as a set.

DISC ONE: "Of Friends, Foes And Fallacious Loves"

fallacious cover_tmp.jpg

genre: old time folk / traditional
arrangements: ukuleles, bass, vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, banjo plus some oddities, toys etc

tracklist:
1. leatherwing bat 2. pig in a pen 3. chevrolet 6 4. jesse james 5. the cuckoo 6. deep blue sea 7. the blind fiddler 8. one meatball 9. walk along john 10. o john the rabbit 11. turkey in the straw 12. st. james infirmary 13. ragged but right 14. cotton mill coic 15. ol dan tucker 16. what'll we do with the baby 17. crocodile song 18. wayfaring stranger 19. free little bird

sound sample: http://soundcloud.com/eugeneukulele/chevrolet-6

DISC TWO: "Strawberries For My Sweetheart"

strawberries cover_tmp.jpg

genre: jazz era / tin pan alley - love songs from the 20's and 30's
arrangements: ukuleles, bass, vocal predominantly with splashes of other instrumentation

tracklist:
1. aint she sweet 2. tonight you belong to me 3. my mother and my sweetheart 4. you're in style when you're wearing a smile 5. when you wore a tulip 6. i'm a whole lot wilder than i look 7. like a rose 8. bare necessities 9. baby 10. my canary has circles under his eyes 11. blue moon 12. space girl's song 13. bye bye blackbird 14. hurry on over 15. i can't give you anything but love 16. who takes care of the caretaker's daughter? 17. shine 18. by the light of the silvery moon 19. where did robinson crusoe go with friday on saturday night? 20. i'll sing you a love song

sound sample: http://soundcloud.com/eugeneukulele/my-canary-has-circles-under

I have no delusions of grandeur here. I am a backyard player but these recordings are clear and have been gently mastered with a not-too-heavy hand.

they will be shipped in their own jackets with cover art and CD labels

I will also include a copy of the wonderful ukulele documentary made last year out of New Zealand: "Bill Sevesi's Dream"

cost: $25
payment: paypal is all I can accept. eugeneukulele@westnet.com.au.

Thanks for having a look everyone. Cheerio for now...
jon

Woohoo! Nice to see you rehanging the shingle, back in bidness.....

Folks, don't let Jon's modesty fool you - these are great recordings. I have a couple of the older releases and they're just fantastic, both the performances and the recordings. There are enough tunes on here that I haven't heard that I think I might be your first customer.....

I have these and they are awesome. Great quality, nice mixing, and on my list of favorite uke CDs!

I highly recommend that you purchase these, well worth the money, and then some.

Eugene, I'd be interested to know more about the documentary, I had not heard about it before.

I just bought mine. YAY! Can't wait to hear them!

Last edited:
Hmmm, for some reason, Soundcloud won't work for me.

Now, if you came out with an accompanying songbook with the Tab for the songs, that would be the cat's meow.

YES YES ..you are far too modest Eugene...your

cd's are wonderful and I love them..Everybody, if you don't have them yet..Get um.
what a treat mate...sorry your website went down..

I only wish I could get my hands on the old ones that are no longer for sale cause the masters were sold.

If Eugene is ok with it, I would love to get copies from someone and send the funds over to Eugene to keep it fair. (I believe he was charging $5 each).

I don;'t need the cds, just the mp3s? Via Dropbox maybe? if anyone can assist. please send me a PM.

Eugene's playing is among my favorite of all uke artists...

Is that $25 USD or AUD? (The exchange rate is currently $1.04 USD = $1.00 AUD.) I just don't want to shortchange you.

to you folks who have bought the records a huge thankyou and a BIG HUG from across the miles.

Mark: don't care mate, whatever is easiest, thanks for asking. It's a small difference and I'm am thankful for any urchase whether in USD or AUS.

Eyeguy: I am looking at how I can do a little website with tabs of some of my YT tab arrangements and chord breakdowns, but it is a way off I fear...on the bright side, I'm about to record a classic ol Disney tune "Everybody Wants To be A Cat" ! :p

Ivan: the DVD is on the way

I will get them all out by Wednesday or Thursday of this week everyone. Just need to do all the printing, sleeves etc which will take me a day or two. Thankyou again folks, you are all awesome and I/we feel blessed by the support. Hope you enjoy the music.

Just ordered these - folks - I have a couple of Jon's earlier CDs and they're great. The thing I love the most is the mixes are very natural - not mixed, remixed, remixed again and then compressed to sound like a TV commercial for a monster truck show like so much commercially recorded music is these days!

John

This more of a bump really, How do you record these songs or it that waaaaay off topic.

I have a little digital Zoom MRS-802 8-track mixing desk Drew, and one nice mic that I use for everything.

Usually (but not always) I record the uke rhythm and vocal part as one track, then layer the rest of the stuff over that on the other channels: bass, mandolin, guitar, banjo, uke leads/accompaniment, backing vox if any, strings, toys etc.

I do all the mixing - levels, treble/mids/bass adjustments, chorus, reverb etc and once I have the final track together, I master it using an in-built mastering facility on the desk.

The desk also has a built in CD burner so I just load up the tracklist and voila, done!

It's been an awesome thing to be able to do...for years I had a Tascam 4 track tape recorder which was ok for what it was, but this Zoom thing is just great. Cost about 1200 bucks back in 2004 and it's more than paid for itself. I've probably recorded 50 cd's of music in that time...while it keeps working I'll keep using it. :)

Top Bottom