FS: Pono Rosewood Tenor Deluxe (Limited Run of 8) - Like New

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbike137

Reaction score
SOLD

Heads up! If you wanted one of those limited Pono Rosewood Tenor Deluxes and missed out, here is your chance. I am selling mine. This is the exact uke used in the video below:

http://vimeo.com/40958657

And is also the exact uke displayed on the HMS website:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-rtd-rosewood-tenor-deluxe.html

pono_rtd.jpg

There were only 8 of these made and they all sold immediately (and according to HMS, there won’t be any more made). I am asking exactly what I paid for it: $558. It didn’t come with a case so I purchased a new Oahu Hard Case for $69 that HMS shipped the uke in. I will pick up shipping to the lower 48 states, as that is what HMS did for me. If you want to pay me via Paypal, please round up to $575 to cover Paypal fees.

The ukulele looks great, it sounds great (listen to that clip!), and it is set-up wonderfully. It is set-up for low G, by the way. It has the same strings that were on the uke for the making of the video – the low G and C strings are wound (all strings Ko’olau Mahanas). The uke is still in the same brand new condition it was in when it arrived five days ago (it hasn’t left my smoke-free music room and has been kept in its case).

I have been a lifelong guitar player and have dabbled in ukulele over that same period. When I recently decided that I wanted to get more serious about ukulele (and found myself “uke-less”), I bought two tenor ukuleles. I wanted one strung with low G (the Pono RTD) and another strung with high G (a used Kamaka). I wasn’t sure which path I wanted to go, but after playing both for the past few days, I realize I very much prefer a high G (much like on the Kamaka Tenor 6-string I owned for a decade) and will be concentrating on that. This Pono really sounds great with the low G string set-up and honestly, it seems made for that. Moreover, I prefer the thinner neck of the Kamaka.

I am happy to answer any questions. I will put a time stamp UU photo on this ad when I get home tonight, but if it sells in the meantime, it's gone! Thank you.

Steve (bearbike137)

Last edited:
I was kinda glad these sold out so quick, and now I have to go through this again, so soon, sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom