Kala Resonator Ukes! A Reality!!!

Ha, been waiting. I love concert size, but for a resonator, tenor should sound much better. Oh, what to do, what to do!

I dunno, Lil' Rev has a soprano resonator, and it sounds pretty darn good! I think Kala is really trying to do it right, I'm glad I bought one. It convinced me that I love playing ukulele.

So here is the pricing:

Concert Resonator: $258
Tenor Resonator: $279

View attachment 37751
So the question is, who's going to have these bad boys in stock first? The pricing seems fantastic, especially the tenor. I was about to buy a Mainland tenor, but that kind of price on a decent tenor resonator might bump it up my wish list. -All the others I've seen are north of $1k, at least for tenor.

I can't find a thing about them on their website. Do you know what the model numbers are? I definetly want one!

You know, I have toyed with the idea of getting a resonator uke, but I wasn't interested enough to reach too deep into my pocket. These are at a nice price point for fence sitters like me.

Is the wood solid or laminate?

It's a resonator, would solid would have any sound advantage/difference over laminate in this instance? 99% of the sound should be coming from the cone?

Personally I'd want a laminate (or steel) body resonator for durability and climate stability.

:confused: This is strange...
...the Resonator isn't on the Kala website nor anywhere else on the web.
I hope someone at Kala didn't screw-up and send you the wrong info PedalFreak :eek:

:confused: This is strange...
...the Resonator isn't on the Kala website nor anywhere else on the web.
I hope someone at Kala didn't screw-up and send you the wrong info PedalFreak :eek:

It's valid :) gotta call from the Kala offices. The hot em oblast week & Friday they finished QC. They were going to ship fridaynig they had time, but said it'd most likely be Monday.

Baritone version available?
No, just concert & tenor.

And as for resonators, from what I understand a laminate is better. It allows the resonator & cone to do its job without the body flexing to much. Solid wood resonators are flubbier sounding from what I've heard.

Please post your impressions of their sound when you get them. I had one of the metal-bodied ones and didn't like its tone. I'm hoping these sound more banjo-like.

Top Bottom