New Islander MT-4 - Great Value

lookingforcurly

Reaction score
I wanted a beater tenor to play around my pool and take on trips where it could spend time in a less than desirable environment that my better tenors would not endure well. Primarily I wanted decent sound and excellent intonation all the way up the neck for a rock bottom price. After a bit of looking I bought an Islander MT-4 from Hawaiian Music Supply. It took about a week to get from Hawaii to the shores of the Atlantic in Delaware. It was worth the wait.

These are laminated bodies made for Kanilea in the far east. Not fancy, just functional. Had it for a few days now and it far exceeds my expectations. The sound is excellent, and actually better than a solid wood tenor I recently sold for more than twice as much. The intonation is excellent!! Has Grover open tuners and Aquila strings (soon to be replaced with low G Ko'olau Mahanas). It is obvious that they put the money into playability aspects and not aesthetics, and that is what I wanted. For under $190 with UkuCrazy case and shipping, it is a great deal.

Thanks for sharing! The more I hear about Islanders the more I want one!

Congrats on the new Islander. They sounds like great ukes!

Top Bottom