James hill ukulele hip hop

I really don't think he's using any effects at all. I've messed around with the chopstick thing after seeing him do it, and it's pretty amazing the sounds you can get. For instance: why can you get notes LOWER than the low C string? This I don't get. The bass note he gets are really happening. I figured it was something to do with his pickup, but it happens with no pickup.

My acoustics knowledge isn't bad, but that one has my brain going, "hfffrrrrrrrrrrrr".

I'd highly recommend having a go. You'll be able to work out a lot of it. As for the rest, remember, he IS James Hill.

I've messed around with the chopstick thing after seeing him do it, and it's pretty amazing the sounds you can get.

Totally unrelated but not:
I went to an evening of performance art one night. (Yes, one performance was a guy eating and then forcing himself to vomit. That kind of night.)
One of the more interesting (and puke free) performances was a percussionist who played a snare drum for about 20 minutes but did not actually HIT the thing one single time. He used brushes, a dremel, a chopstick and rag, and put an EBow over the snares. I heard more sounds out of that drum than I ever imagined it could make.

More on the point, James Hill must have spent a lot of time alone in his room with some chopsticks and nothing else to do in order to come up with all this ;)

That was great, I LMAO!

Top Bottom