PDA

View Full Version : KALA TEME Transient Buzz

bhart
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
I bought a used KALA TEME a few months ago, and was quite happy with it. Then it developed a buzz, which seems to come an go. I feel like it's coming from the area where the electronics are installed. I've been playing a couple of years, but still have a lot to learn, and don't want to take it in for a repair, only to be humiliated by finding out it's some obvious problem (I once brought my Fluke in for repair of the tuners, only to learn that the strings had simply unwound). The buzzing comes and goes. Some days, plays perfectly, other days, lots of buzzing, especially when I'm playing the E and A strings. I don't plug the uke in very often. Not sure if it buzzes then.

Should I take it in?

stevepetergal
05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I would take it in. I don't think the professionals expect all their customers to be experts. In fact, most pros would much prefer you bring a simple problem to them over the other end of the spectrum, where their customers get themselves in over their heads with repairs. There's no shame in asking for help. Even the best luthiers ask each other about repairs and techniques.