College football Ref hits QB

sorry should have posted this in offbeat links

I moved it for ya.

I did see that video before. I was astonished. What surprised me more was the complete lack of inquiry by the NCAA into the incident. He was clearly out to tackle the guy.

I did see that video before. I was astonished. What surprised me more was the complete lack of inquiry by the NCAA into the incident. He was clearly out to tackle the guy.

I disagree. The ref is a part of the field and he does make an attempt to move, but he guesses wrong and well you saw it. As for knocking the player down, he is a man and someone was coming at him, is he supposed to go limp and fall down. No college football player should get owned by a ref ever.

Dude, the ref actually moves laterally with the ball carrier, then throws a shoulder into him! Are you blind?

While I agree that "no college football player should get owned by a ref," you can't deny that he was gunning for him.

I have to agree with Seeso - what the ref did was totally intentional! Maybe he was having a high school football time flashback or something. Post Highschool Football Traumatic Disorder LOL

Man. He got INTO the game, and did you see his posture after he knocked him down?...he's all lookin down at him like, "yeeuhh, you just got knocked down" lol

that's crazy. I didn't see that game. But I did see the SDSU game (i go there) and man...we lost 7 - 70....-snaps- maybe next time haha

Seeing it from another angle definitely helped (Top View)! Now I can see that the QB was trying to cut back inside and the Ref had no choice but to "defend" himself from the hit.

Seeing it from another angle definitely helped (Top View)! Now I can see that the QB was trying to cut back inside and the Ref had no choice but to "defend" himself from the hit.

Where'd you see the top view?

all I have to say, is look at the ref's footwork...he's side stepping and keeping his shoulders square with the line of scrimmage...looks like he was looking to lay the wood..

friggen hilarious...

he kinda leaned into it...haha

Dude, the ref actually moves laterally with the ball carrier, then throws a shoulder into him! Are you blind?

No I'm not blind.:D But the ref doesn't know which way the ball carrier is going to go he chose to go to his left which is the same way the QB went.

Have you ever come across some one in a hall and go to move out of the way and you both go the same way and bump into each other? Is that intentional?

reminds of the commercial a while back where the ref demolishes the ball carrier and tells the other ref " what, it was a clean hit.":rofl: but seriously, the ref was tracking the play and I think he just got caught up in the action.

Top Bottom