New Baritone Spruce/Macadamia Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD - Thanks!

I am relisting this uke at a much lower price because it needs a home and isn't getting much play time in my shop.

This is a new Baritone size uke with a 20" playing scale. The top is Sitka spruce with some small
darker spots on the treble and bass sides. They aren't very visible in the photos and
in no way are a problem, just thought I would mention them.
The back and sides are Macadamia wood, highly figured and book matched back. The
neck is figured Mango with a graphite truss rod for lifelong strength and stability.
The fingerboard, bridge and bindings are rosewood. The head plate is Macadamia wood.
The nut and compensated bridge saddle are polished bone. The bridge pins are white
plastic with black dots. The logo inlay is ebony, MOP and maple. The rosette and top
purfling is B/W/B wood strips. The fret dots are MOP, white side dots are included.
The frets are slightly larger than standard for easier playing. There are 14 frets
to the body, 19 total. The geared 4:1 ratio tuners are 5 Star brand with hand-made
rosewood knobs. The finish is nitrocellulose high gloss lacquer finishedBaritone Uke 2012-05-12e.jpgBaritone Uke 2012-05-12c.jpgBaritone Uke 2012-05-12d.jpgBaritone Uke 2012-05-12b.jpgBaritone Uke 2012-05-12a.jpg to a
semi-gloss smooth satin touch. The strings are Savarez 540J Alliance high tension
and work very well for this tuning. The playing action is low and easy with accurate
intonation. Even though most spruce top ukes have a brighter sound, this uke has a
very full rich mellower sound with clear ringing highs and excellent volume and
sustain. Please note: this baritone uke is tuned DGBE, it is not made to be anything
other than a baritone and the warranty will be void if it is tuned to anything other than baritone uke tuning. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. Limited Lifetime
Warranty to the original owner. No case, but I will double box for safe and secure
shipping. Made in the USA. $40 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money
order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more
information. Thanks for looking.

Was - $1500, now reduced to $850--SOLD

Last edited:
Wow. That's a beauty. Thanks for giving us baritone players one to drool over. Here's hoping it finds a great, musical home.

Oh man! If I could I would... I would love to hear this wood combo!

Every time I see a Black Bear uke, my heart starts racing. Gorgeous work, Duane.

That's a really nice baritone. I like the matching of the bridge shape and the end of finger board.

oh dear me... :p eugenie!!! where's my medication dear????!!!!

If the dear British taxman didn't add a big surcharge then I would be so tempted. What a good thing that Her Majesties Government acts as a brake on UAS

Just sent a PM. This is one gorgeous baritone!

Congratulations! I really wanted this myself, but my timing was off. I'm glad to see it go to a good home.

I got excited myself. Congrats to the buyer and seller.

Top Bottom