Replacing the electronics in my Eleuke.

webby

Reaction score
I have decided to be adventurous and I needed a fun hobby project so I have decided to have a crack at replacing the pick up in my older model (BugGear) Eleuke 100 series concert uke.

It's just too boomy on the C string and also seems to chew through 9v batteries and as soon as that happens and the battery is even slightly worn out the uke loses clarity and gets this fuzzy grungy muddled sound.

It also seems to have an earth problem and hums and buzzes occasionally, usually right when I have just nailed a track on the 15th take and would it have been the mistake free moment that gets ruined by a static crackly sound at the worst possible moment.

Money is not an issue (I may live to regret that statement, lol), I really want to get this baby sounding as good as I possibly can for studio recording so I would appreciate any advice about what I could put in it.

thanks guys

webby

Good Luck, Webby! I've recently acquired a similar vintage of EleUke (currently sitting on the bed next to me in my hotel room in San Jose California). So far I haven't noticed any of the issues you report (knock on wood), but as an inveterate tinkerer, I might be inspired if you have good success with yours ;-)

Bill.

First thing worth trying would be to change the undersaddle piezo perhaps?
I've got a feeling that the ones used in stock Eleuke's aren't of spectacular quality.

Maybe change it to a Fishman or Shadow nanoflex undersaddle piezo?

Top Bottom