Spreading the love- ukulele underground is simply the best

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope this isnt to mushy or sentimental or just mental :)
But i basically just wanted to thank the guys for running this site, and ALL YOU GUYS AND GALS on here.
This is quite simply in my opinion the best uke forum around in the world, dare i say the cosmos !!!! he he he :)
The people i have interacted on here are just so damn nice, friendly supportive,caring and helpful.
All of you should be proud of yourselves for who you are and the way you are. I have never had a bad word aimed at me, and i think disputes are a rarity on here , unless i am looking in all the wrong places !!!.
There are of course always those extra special people, that we make some kind of connection or bond, due to a mutual interest or such what. But really everyone i have encountered on here has always made me laugh, offered encouragement with my playing, attempts at singing lol.
So not just to those special few but also to you all, i humbly thank you for just being you :) and appreciate and enjoy your banter,laughs,songs,tips, the goodtimes and the bad times.

THANK YOU FROM UKULELEDAVEEY UU RULES

Nah, you're not mental. You're right. There are a bunch of great people on here and it's a fun place to be. It made my day the time my dog hiding in the couch cushion made you laugh half a world away. The internet is awesome, and forums such as this make it even better. Thank YOU for being a part of this community, as it would be less of a place without you.

Scott

Thank YOU for being a part of this community, as it would be less of a place without you.
and straight back at ya Scott :) cheers for the nice words:) im not trying to get nice things said about me honest lol,just trying to show my gratitude and all that mushy stuff men like me struggle with lol, just saying your all awesome and deserve a virtulal pat on the back :) or a virtulal group hug lol

Amen - friendliest, most helpful forum that I've ever come across...

Yay! :) Even though I don't post very much I read you constantly and I think you're a "weird space" on the internet :) you're all so nice and helpful. I'm pretty sure trolls don't play the ukulele :)

Group hug!

I don't have much experience with internet forums, but I have a feeling this place has spoiled me - nice folks, good information, a fun, sharing environment..... I have a feeling that I wouldn't be half as interested or inspired to play the ukulele without the interaction here. And Daveey's right - this place is big enough that we all have our areas of interest that we share with a small group of like-minded users but the thing as a whole hangs together and just works. Much mahalos to the powers that be for all the hard work.....

One of the many great things is that there are so many different types of people, age wise, country wise, style wise. Traditional Hawaiian, George Formby, Tin Pan Ally, Classic, Punk, Folk Rock, etc, etc. Most all respect each other's views and our super moderators rarely have to get involved.

Luthiers, thank you for putting up with the occasional dumb question. I have learn a lot and appreaciate the instrument more by being able to peek into your world

Mahalo all

Aww, you guys! ;)

I have to agree. This place has quickly become one of my favorite stops on the interwebz. Twitter, Facebook and UU are my favorite hangouts on the web.

I think the secret is that no matter our location, style of music, or experience, we can all agree on just how plain awesome the ukulele is!

Aloha Dave,
I think you hit the nail on the head..this is the best forum online...with the nicest and coolest members.
and you Dave are one of the coolest and nicest..thank you all for making UU the best forum online..

Aloha Dave,
I think you hit the nail on the head..this is the best forum online...with the nicest and coolest members.
and you Dave are one of the coolest and nicest..thank you all for making UU the best forum online..
awww schucks thanks stan, im certainly not cool lol not when there are so many fantastic players to admire on here :) I just wanted the owners of the site and everyone here to know that you are all the groovy cool people and everyone plays a part in making this place so special :)

I have to agree that this is a great forum. It is all about the people. There is a lot of love and kindness in this forum which makes it home! Not to mention knowledge and sharing, and wondrous enthusiasm that become contagious. Like the pebble in the water that radiates out and spreads..this forum makes positive energy and love grow...

I have to agree that this is a great forum. It is all about the people. There is a lot of love and kindness in this forum which makes it home! Not to mention knowledge and sharing, and wondrous enthusiasm that become contagious. Like the pebble in the water that radiates out and spreads..this forum makes positive energy and love grow...
Well said! Such an inspiration to connect with all the great players on this forum. It's a big ukulele family and I am so happy to be a part of it.

I agree with everyone also. Best people in any forum I've been to, and I've been to many! And also the best run forum hands down!! I think people connected with the ukulele no matter where they're from or what type of music they like are just the nicest, friendliest people around. The uke does that to people or better yet good people are drawn to the ukulele. I haven't been here long but I feel very comfortable. Thanks Daveeey, and thanks everyone! :D

Yeah, this place is the best - from the mods to the members.

Good thing there's only one like it, or I'd never get anything done!

I absolutely love the UU forum. It makes me a better musician everyday. My day is not the same if I'm not able to check the forum that day. Strange thing is; I have played the piano professionally since the 1980s, and I have never seen a similar forum for pianists...I suppose the piano is anti-social. After all, most of the time, pianists sit facing the wall while playing. This forum has been encouraging from day one, and I have learnt so much. Thank y'all!!!

Nice work Davey, I couldn't agree more mate, this is a very special place and an absolute joy to be part of. The positive, friendly & helpful culture at UU is strong and healthy and we are very lucky to have such a brilliant place to share our musical journeys with the mighty uke.

Top Bottom