Major progress on my Mya-Moe today. :) Take a peak! #700 in the nifty uke tracker!

KimUke

Reaction score
The anticipation grows.

While you are at it -- check out my listing in the Marketplace for a Kanilea Concert K1 Gloss-- I'll cut someone a very good deal - if interested and a Kanilea lover. :)

uke front.jpg

Visually, it looks like the sun shining on waves. It's booked matched yet looks like a one piece. Nice

I figured the pic in the post (which does enlarge when clicked) was probably enough for most. :eek:

I figured the pic in the post (which does enlarge when clicked) was probably enough for most. :eek:

Yeah, it probably was. :) As a Mya-Moe owner, though, I was riveted by each photo of each step in the process when my uke was being built.

What a beautiful wood grain!

So pretty!

Holy Cow that uke is going to be a beautiful! The wait must be killing you.

Roxhum - You aren't kidding. You get used to waiting UNTIL your build date hits -- and then -- you can't stop looking and re-looking at your sonograms!!!!

There will never be another one like her Kim. I know for me, I check it out on my uke finder from time to time just because it is so spectacular.

I have the Blue pond Myrtle #461 tenor. I bought it pre-owned by about 6mos. Gordon could only get 13 ukes from the board and that's it, no more. I think there are even fewer of the Queens.

You made a great choice! The neck is gonna blow you away. I'm sure all the Mya Moe owners are smilin' knowing what is about to come to you. That first strum kind of made me want to shed a tear is sounded so pure. Won't be long...

Looks like a beautiful match of top, back and sides. Looking forward to the completion. Gee, I bet you are too!

Ah, yes - the blue pond myrtle! :)

I think there will be a total of 4 Queens. 757 (completed) and 695 (currently in process) are both cutaways. Mine (#700) is without the cutaway. I'm not sure about the 4th. Think I'll zip around the website and see if I can track it down.

KimUke
I saw your Uke in person last weekend... The pictures don't do it justice...it is phenomenal!
Congratulations on what will be a wonderful instrument.

Were you on a shop tour, Wobster?

Thanks for the heads up - When I look at the finished Queen and the one a few steps further along than mine -- I'm thrilled by what I see. :)

By the way -- are you sure you saw mine? The other HQ appears to have been purchased by a Kim too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom