Yet another HEAVEN'S DOOR

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I was at the fantastic North Wales Uke Gathering last weekend. The concert took place on Saturday night in a pub opposite the campsite where most people were staying. It was really just a big open mic and a lot of fun.

Here is the first song I played.

Terrific, Ken. Shows how a simple strum can be used to bring a song to life. A lot to think about.

Great job Ken - I think you have really found your singing voice for uke accompaniment, too. Great stuff!

Oh...and one of my favorite songs, too, though I can't carry it off anywhere near that well.

John

Very well done. A true testament to the beauty and simplicity of the G-D-C...

Couple years back, you left a nice comment on my uke rendition of this same song. Meant a lot to me.

Terrific, Ken. Shows how a simple strum can be used to bring a song to life. A lot to think about.

many thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Great job Ken - I think you have really found your singing voice for uke accompaniment, too. Great stuff!

Oh...and one of my favorite songs, too, though I can't carry it off anywhere near that well.

John

It is a good song to sing. Plenty of opportunity to sound sad and expressive.

Very well done. A true testament to the beauty and simplicity of the G-D-C...

Couple years back, you left a nice comment on my uke rendition of this same song. Meant a lot to me.

Thanks. Yes, the chords are simple. I now do a workshop on how to accompany this song. There are so many things that can can be done with it.

As always, fun and professional, Ken.

Baby, I Love Your Way (Frampton) has the same chords as Knocking on Heaven's Door. I noodled around with KHD and came up with BILYW, all on my lonesome. Nice mashup potential! Cheers, and again, nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjWcnJLIZ0

Last edited:
GREAT job Ken....haha, had me singing along with you!!!
Loved it!!!

As always, fun and professional, Ken.

Baby, I Love Your Way (Frampton) has the same chords as Knocking on Heaven's Door. I noodled around with KHD and came up with BILYW, all on my lonesome. Nice mashup potential! Cheers, and again, nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjWcnJLIZ0

Thanks for that. I think songs with same sequence for the verse and chorus are great.

GREAT job Ken....haha, had me singing along with you!!!
Loved it!!!

It's nice to hear you joining in.

Absolutely amazing performance! I couldn't stop hearing and watching . It's almost unbelievable that the singing like that can be produced from the same source which produces speech - so incomparable they are. I didn't hear how you talk but pretty sure the sound of your talking doesn't differ a lot from the talking of other people. But what a singing!

Absolutely amazing performance! I couldn't stop hearing and watching . It's almost unbelievable that the singing like that can be produced from the same source which produces speech - so incomparable they are. I didn't hear how you talk but pretty sure the sound of your talking doesn't differ a lot from the talking of other people. But what a singing!

Thank you, Vladim. I have recorded this song several times before, usually at festivals like this one. But this is the version I like the best:

Aloha Ken,
Wow ..Wow nice preformance, singing, and uke playing...loved it man ....Great Job!!

Top Bottom