I built my own stage!

Rod

Reaction score
Having four little ones's it's hard to find space to practice music. So I decided to take over the garage! Now I have my own little music room, with a 8x4 stage that I built. It's my little escape I can go to after a long day of work. Here are the pics....

Ohh and thanks Howlin' Hobbit for the review of the Prime PM-50. It's exactly what I needed. When the kiddos want to hop on the mic, I just plug in the ipod and they go to town. And the sound is great!

DSC05709.jpg

DSC05707.jpg

DSC05706.jpg

That's beyond awesome, man! Well done. We should have a -hide-a-way- contest! :)

-Jeff

Thanks guys!

It's actually a 16x4 stage, but the other half is disassebled right now so we can get another vehicle in the garage. We used the whole thing for my daughter's birthday party and we were able to get 4 people on easliy. If anyone ever needs instructions on how to build you own, below is a link with the walk-through that I followed, the only deviation I made was making mine 1.5' instead of 1'.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/1081_stage-building.htm

Last edited:
Very nice, Rod! Your choice of the one and a half foot height for the stage was wise for sound and visibility purposes. Smart thinking! I did not see that Prime PA system being available anymore. I'm curious what would be an equivalent one-pice PA system with similar power. Ric

Very nice, Rod! Your choice of the one and a half foot height for the stage was wise for sound and visibility purposes. Smart thinking! I did not see that Prime PA system being available anymore. I'm curious what would be an equivalent one-pice PA system with similar power. Ric

Ric,

I could not find the Prime PA available online as well. However, I searched on craigslist.com and found someone in Tucson, AZ. Lucklily they were nice enough to pack it up and ship it over to me in San Antonio, TX. It was worth the extra effort. Thanks for the comment!

Rod

you should throw a show for UU sometime, that'd be awesome

Help me get Deach, Seeso, PoiDog and the rest of the east-coast guys down here and we could definetly get a show going! They always have a free place to stay in Texas.

I'm down!!!!!!!!!

Crap, I think I am still hung over from the last time Rod came to Houston, now we are gonna add more people to the mix?:eek:

I'm game to hang out with Rod and other UUers again!

Top Bottom