is this a good beginner uke?

Regster

Reaction score
well ive been playing guitar since february n im still a newb, i also miss playing the uke, i sold my old uke ever since i started playing guitar so today i just bought a uke so i could get back into it, bought this uke for 80 bucks, its pretty old, tell me wat u guys think, if this is good for a beginner?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2DS8tOIloU

It looks nice, but it's really out of tune. Get it in tune and make another video.

Also... any instrument can sound badass with the right groove and love! I know this guy that can make my fifty dollar Peavey screeeaaam and that's proof you don't need the most expensive stuff to sound good. :)

-Jeff

Sounds like you've got some intonation issues. It's in tune on the C chord, but when you play the G chord it's out.

ohhh hmmm so how do i fix it? i used the martin crystal nylong string, i also wonder if its the uke or string or me?

i see what your talking about man, n i checked if it was in tune n it was out of tune again that's why, its because of the strings i just got the uke today n i immediately change the strings

Give your strings time to stretch. Check them often while and between playing. You'll notice, that in time, the nylon strings will set, then you should be good to go, unless your friction tuners are slipping. The tuners should be snug enough to hold the tune but not too tight where you'd sprain your fingers, or worse yet, damage the uke.

There's lots of info here on strings, string height, intonation issues, etc.

Welcome to the world of ukes!

Top Bottom