Please help to identify this ukulele brand

pichit_assa

Reaction score
I got this photos from my friend. This is vintage cedar/koa tenor with out any marker but headstock look unique. If someone has an idea please share.

He is basically going to buy this for $400, I am not really sure it will worth or not.

Thanks in adv.

1337044161180.jpg1337044177659.jpg1337044198539.jpg1337044216013.jpg1337044230670.jpg

google images

I got this photos from my friend. This is vintage cedar/koa tenor with out any marker but headstock look unique. If someone has an idea please share.

He is basically going to buy this for $400, I am not really sure it will worth or not.

Thanks in adv.

View attachment 37869View attachment 37870View attachment 37871View attachment 37872View attachment 37873

Hi,
I had a similar problemI had seen a beautiful uke and did not know what brand/make or wood so I went to google images and searched uke images and found one identical..it got me the information i required, maybe worth a try if you havent already.

:)

jax

Interesting - it looks like a fairly high end build - assuming that it's solid wood and not laminate. Maybe something from a small luthier?

Looks like spruce or cedar top and kind of a long headstock. Maybe a Brazilian instrument?

John

Hi,
I had a similar problemI had seen a beautiful uke and did not know what brand/make or wood so I went to google images and searched uke images and found one identical..it got me the information i required, maybe worth a try if you havent already.

:)

jax
Thanks for suggestion Jax but no luck, i did check both headstock & bridge which look unique but unfortunately. waiting for other clue ^_^

Interesting - it looks like a fairly high end build - assuming that it's solid wood and not laminate. Maybe something from a small luthier?

Looks like spruce or cedar top and kind of a long headstock. Maybe a Brazilian instrument?

John
Thanks John, I will do more research on both brands and will update the result. I have a quick checked on both brand but could not find match neither headstock nor bridge yet

BTW, for $400 budget what Tenor ukulele would you guy recommend?

Last edited:
Sounds risky and high for an unknown maker...I'd pass if it was me... for sure... there would be no resale value too..

I'd keep an eye in the marketplace here and FMM and get a second hand uke.... you get a higher level uke for a better price..Good Luck

I thought I'd try Google's image match search (upload an image and it will match it against similar images) to see if it could help identify the ukulele.

Apparently not...

Screen shot 2012-05-15 at 7.06.15 PM.jpg

Now those may be worth $400.00, waddah ya think?............................BO......................

The bridge and headstock has someone's signature design. Possibly a guitar maker branching into Ukes?

Is there any label or markings inside the body that may help?

This uke was probably made by Ricardo Motta, a brazilian luthier and surfboards craftsmanship in Hawaii, with more than 10 years of experience.
Here's a DaMotta blog link to others ukes (a beautiful tenor) and surfboards: http://www.damottawoodwork.blogspot.com/

Has your friend looked in the soundhole? On my Kawika tenor, there's no identifying features on the outside of the instrument, but the luthier's business card is glued inside the soundhole. Maybe there's other brands that have some logo or signature visible in the soundhole.

Thanks for all comments, not much info could be found about this uku. If i have a chance to go check this uku myself will keep you post ;)

Top Bottom