Lanikai CK-6E

tpourciau

Reaction score
Hi, I just returned from vacation in Hawaii where i purchased myself a Lanikai CK-6E 6 string tenor uke as a souvenir. I played a lot of ukes in the store and this one was just loud and had a great tone for strumming chords. I can't believe how much i love playing it. I have been playing guitar a long time and picked up chord voicings pretty quickly. I have started digging more the finger picking stuff now though (after listening to some Jake). My question is even though it is a 6 string, can i restring it with a regular 4 string set? I think it would be easier to get that finger picking tone and accuracy without the octave strings in the way.
Thanks.

Tim

Last edited:
Welcome to the UU. It is your uke - you can do you want with it. But why change it if you liked how it sounded when you bought it as you mention here and in this thread as well.... http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?65343-Hi-from-Minnesota&p=939562#post939562

It is a little hard to finger pick clean is all. I just thought it would be easier to pick single strings and play scale runs and stuff. Also, i just can't help myself from fiddling with things.

Last edited:
So would there be any weird spacing issues if i strung it up with a 4 sting set? I imagine it wouldn't be too far off being the smallness of the neck in general.

Top Bottom