Don't you hate it when...

rocko

Reaction score
the USPS is holding your new ukulele hostage because you stepped out for 10 minutes and they stopped by but you weren't there to sign for it so they leave you a little card that gives cryptic instructions about picking it up at a nearby post office branch.... TOMORROW!

arrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!

Please feel free to post your own: "Don't you hate it when..." statement as a reply.

It will distract me. 23 hours and 20minutes to go...

Don't you hate it when... they deliver it anyway.
I live in an apartment building and have had a package delivered not to my apartment but to the office, on a Friday, and have had to wait until Monday to retrieve it.

Don't you hate it when... they deliver it anyway.
I live in an apartment building and have had a package delivered not to my apartment but to the office, on a Friday, and have had to wait until Monday to retrieve it.

Yes, that's worse. I feel 1% better now :music:

No, there is nothing that I hate more than that. I feel your pain. Especially since I have a Pineapple Sunday scheduled to arrive via USPS today. I may luck out, though (not that you want to hear it), because even if I'm not home to sign for it (if a signature is required), I have a guitar lesson early this evening right across the street from the post office, so I should be able to pick it up then.

Which ukulele should be expect pictures of, when you have liberated it?

Be strong in your adversity, my friend!

Kathryn

Thanks, Kathryn.

It's an Islander MST-4 purchased from Ed (efiscella).

I hope your USPS transaction goes smoothly. Remember if the parcel is out with the courier for delivery, it may not be available for pickup at the PO until after the carrier returns - which may be after the service window closes... thus next day :(

-rocko

Thanks, Kathryn.

It's an Islander MST-4 purchased from Ed (efiscella).

I hope your USPS transaction goes smoothly. Remember if the parcel is out with the courier for delivery, it may not be available for pickup at the PO until after the carrier returns - which may be after the service window closes... thus next day :(

-rocko

Thanks - yep, but every time I've gone rushing to the post office to see if I could get it the same day, they've said oh, yes, the trucks are all back. But I suppose some day my luck will run out.....

Don't you hate it when the uke arrives 45 min from your house and then sits there for TWO FREAKING DAYS before it makes it onto a truck? Cuz that's been my week.

Sorry, Freeda. That's frustrating. Sometimes realtime tracking is not your friend.

Keep em coming, misery loves company!

..when the package shows as out for delivery, and you set aside time to wait at home, which you do all day... Only to have the package refresh as recipient not at home. And they wait another day or so to give you the notice so that you can go pick it up. Itella (The logistics arm of the post office here) is such tremendous fail.

UPS pulls a version of this where you call them to tell them the door code, and leave your number. Then at the end of the day the driver scans it that it was undeliverable because they were missing the door code.

I've had both of those happen, Plainsong. Once while waiting for a replacement power supply for a critical server while I was in Hong Kong.

Thanks for the post. Be creative, peeps! Doesn't have to be shipping related.

Don't you hate it when...

All of these hassles can be eliminated if you have your package(s) shipped to the local "Customer Service Center" marked for "Customer Pickup". I do this all the time with UPS. You don't have to sit at the house all day waiting for the delivery. You can go there at your leisure and pick up the package, plus it keeps the package off the truck. I am sure FedEx offers this same service. This might be impractical for some people but for most, it is the only way to go.

Managing packages on a bicycle is difficult - the bus is not much better.

Not everyone owns cars :D

Don't you hate it when your are greeted at the door by your dog and it has a big piece of your favorite song book in it's mouth.

Songbooks make bad chew toys.

How about requesting that the shipper ship to your office since you know someone will be there to receive it. You happen to be home that day anyway and you are checking the UPS tracker and it shows that an attempt to deliver was made, but no one was there. You think, "how can this be? someone is always there during business hours!", so you call UPS to see whats up and find out that it was shipped to your home (billing address) and they stopped by when you slipped out to run a quick errand.

Don't you hate it when your ukulele takes only two days to arrive your country but spends 6 days (and counting) in the airport :(?

Sorry, I haaaveee to make it "shipping related" because that's whats happening to me right now :(

Don't you hate it when your are greeted at the door by your dog and it has a big piece of your favorite song book in it's mouth.

Songbooks make bad chew toys.

Very true. My dog is more partial to socks, thankfully. We had a rescue who chewed thorough a water pipe - that was a mess.

I hate it when they deliver to a neighbor who you don't really know. I was waiting for a beautiful Premier Genista 8" tom in Damask red to be delivered on a Friday evening. I checked the tracking and it said it had been delivered already! I began to panic! Finally I started walking up and down my street and knocking on doors. I found it a few houses down. The older couple who had it gladly gave it to me. Whew! What a relief! Hang in there. The wait will make it all the better when you finally get your hands on it.

The wait will make it all the better when you finally get your hands on it.

Thanks, Don. I know it will be fine. Talk about a first-world problem! Guess I'll just have to strum my Kala while I wait!

All of these hassles can be eliminated if you have your package(s) shipped to the local "Customer Service Center" marked for "Customer Pickup". I do this all the time with UPS. You don't have to sit at the house all day waiting for the delivery. You can go there at your leisure and pick up the package, plus it keeps the package off the truck. I am sure FedEx offers this same service. This might be impractical for some people but for most, it is the only way to go.

I've tried this, but Itella does their own thing, and the other carriers outright ignore it. UPS is the most expensive one, and completely thwarted by door codes, which most buildings here have.

I had UPS knock on my door while I was sleeping and left...they did not even ring the door bell....then they didnt not come till 7pm the next night... talk about worrying..

Last edited:
Top Bottom