Going to be in Madison, WI next week...

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey, all y'all!

My wife and I will be traveling to Wisconsin next week - going to stay up by the Dells for the first couple of nights, then down in Madison (can't remember the hotel name, but it is right near the Capital Building) over the Memorial Day Weekend, where we will be attending WisCon, a Feminist Science Fiction Convention.

While there are a few things we have on the agenda (International Crane Foundation, Mt. Horeb, one of the boat rides, yarn and fiber shopping, actually spending time at the convention), I will have my Fluke with me.

Anyone interested in getting together for an evening or two, and making some music?

-Kurt​

Madison is a cool city - one of my best friends from college moved there and ended up marrying a Wisconsin girl, so I spent a few days there for the wedding. If you like good beer, be sure to check out the Essen Haus - an 'authentic' German bierhaus..... loud, great beer, polka, and the food is decent.....

I visit Madison from the Twin Cities fairly often, but won't be there that week end. However, you may want to check out the mustard museum, which used to be in Mt. Horeb but is now in Middleton on the western side of Lake Mendota/Madison. (7477 Hubbard Avenue, Middleton www.mustardmuseum.com)

You might also want to check out Spruce Tree Music in Madison (851 East Johnson Street www.sprucetreemusic.com). Good selection of new and used string instruments - many ukes, resos, guitars, harps, violins, etc. That's where I purchased a LoPrinzi and a vintage banjolele. They are close to the Capital.

Have fun!
--Garry

Ah, I am a bit too far away to meet with you.
I am from that area, and this is a beautiful time of year there. Be sure to walk down State Street and enjoy the local scene.

So, nobody in Madison wants to get together this week?

I've only heard from one person who might be in the area tomorrow, and will give me a call to see if we can get together...

My flight leaves about 6 am from Albany, NY on May 22 - I'll be in Wisconsin before noon, for a week, most of it not far from the State Capitol.

Let me know.

-Kurt

Top Bottom