Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
My most recent take on one of John Prine's 1971 social commentaries.

As usual, comments, suggestions, critiques, and free products are gratefully accepted​

Enjoyed that, Kurt - those first couple of John Prine records are some of the best ever made, IMHO - not a bad song on em - and several truly phenomenal tunes. The picking sounded nice, but I think your vocals really loosened up and settled in once you started strumming towards the end - the mix of styles was a good touch. Keep em coming, man.....

Heh. Well, if you weren't already, this song likely got you on a couple of "lists."

Well done!

Heh. Well, if you weren't already, this song likely got you on a couple of "lists."

Well done!

Yeah, I'm there already.

I was working at Ground Zero when Shrub came down to pontificate on the pile.

They sent out the plows to remove the debris from the streets, so his 1/2 mile long motorcade wouldn't get dirty.
They stopped all work while he was there so that no one would miss his drivel... uh, speech.
And they held up the night crew coming in to relieve the day shift by about 3 hours.

I was on the night crew, and wasn't afraid to voice my opinion.

[grumble] I still get pissed off when I think about it.

-Kurt

(Remember when "Question Authority" was a mantra, rather than a violation of the Patriot Act?)

-Kurt​

(Remember when "Question Authority" was a mantra, rather than a violation of the Patriot Act?)

-Kurt​

No kidding. Thankfully, there are still a few of us out there daring to let our freak flags fly.

Keep up the good work!

Just GREAT, Kurt. I haven't heard this on in a long time, and you do it just right. :)

I was working at Ground Zero when Shrub came down to pontificate on the pile.

I live not far from there and was watching the speech from a few blocks away.

Thank you for doing the work you did.

Such a great tune...and much respect for doing it- seems you may have earned it mate.
Really? Ground zero? That is almost too heavy for me to think about.
Love this one, keep them coming mate.

Top Bottom