Do you get to take your Uke to Work?

1937Scott

Reaction score
I do! I am blessed! In-between flights, I get to sit and play...here's a pic.

Post a pic if you get to take your Uke to Work with you!

Kala at Work.jpg

haha that's awesome... Sadly I am not old enough to have a job yet... but I hope wherever i work they let me play! :music:

I work at a daycare and I usually bring my ukulele in on Friday. I have pics of the kids with my uke but I wont post them online. I guess on Friday I will have to take a pic of my Ohana in the classroom minus children. :)
I also used to work at a gas station and I would bring in my ukulele to play once a week (after I clocked out though) We would call it Ukulele Friday or Ukulele whatever day of the week I was playing. Sadly I do not have any pics of this.

Last edited:
Based at RNO, a Citation Jet XLS for a private company that flies the western U.S. for business. Sometimes I sit in an airport all day......playing ukulele!! Here's a pic of the outside:

IMG_0200.jpg

I keep a plastic uke at the office. I work in tech and I have a lot of time to kill waiting for progress bars and reboots. The crazy airconditioning in my building and server room leaves the humidity at like 10%. That's why I rock the plastic.

You should take a pic with all of the servers and cool stuff....

And the plastic uke!

I am looking forward to the time I'm gainfully employed and can spend my lunch hour at my leisure, like walking to a nearby park and eating my sandwich from home and being able to relax and practice for a while.

In all too many jobs, if you eat at your desk, someone will come along and interrupt you and expect you to do something for them immediately, even when they can plainly see you're eating.

I keep a uke by my desk. We have a few guitars and a mandolin in the office and have been known to break for jam sessions.

youre a lucky man my friend. musical instruments is yet to be allowed in med-surg unit at Saint Mary's Hospital where i work.
Based at RNO, a Citation Jet XLS for a private company that flies the western U.S. for business. Sometimes I sit in an airport all day......playing ukulele!! Here's a pic of the outside:

View attachment 37910

Last edited:
Currently workin' as a lead tour guide at a kayak and bike spot in san diego, boss doesn't dig it so much but I bring the ukes anyways!

574503_10150685588127407_564067406_9674021_296080243_n.jpg
541986_10150785256907407_564067406_9774863_57366366_n.jpg
552877_10150656127142407_564067406_9608497_1074703130_n.jpg

I'm lucky in that the ukulele IS my job! Less lucky that I lost my job in December, true! Lol, but it's slowly working out. Three gigs a week so far! Dream come true.

In all too many jobs, if you eat at your desk, someone will come along and interrupt you and expect you to do something for them immediately, even when they can plainly see you're eating.

Yup - happens all the time.

To the OP - no uke at work.

That's a nice idea :) I'll take my ukulele to the lab (I'm a PhD student) on weekends :)

Yes, I usually go to the lab on weekends :( but I can listen to the music that I want and sing with all my lungs :)!

I work at home -- but I'm leaving in an hour to go teach at a four day conference and am debating whether or not my ukulele should accompany me.

There's a couple of picnic tables on the grass outside my office. I used to bring a uke sometimes on warm days and play outside at lunchtime. But then a co-worker started practicing his bagpipe outside at lunch, and I couldn't even hear myself play over him. But I can understand why his wife would rather that he do his practicing at the office. :)

I work from home so an ukulele is almost always near by.

Yup, I run a company that provides in home supports for developmentally disabled/mentally ill adults. I typically have one in the car and one in my office. I also take one to the psychiatric hospital for my twice monthly visits, they love it.

Yes, and no.

Yes: I work from home some days, and allow myself occasional uke breaks. While technically I could bring my uke to the office (a couple of folks bring their guitars) I haven't done this in a while; I'm practically the oldest person there and when I used to bring it, everyone who noticed it would ask me if I could play "Hey Soul Sister." Um... no. I got tired of disappointing the young folks.

No: a couple years back, I was the only employed person among my uke friends and they would come meet me for a bit of lunch-hour ukeing on occasion. We got banned from the courtyard of the neighboring office building, which was the nicest nearby option for meeting up.

Yep. I bring my uke to my morning kindergarten ESL class. In the afternoons, I recently started a uke class for my elementary school students even though I am a beginner myself. Some of them are crazy fast learners and I have to practice a lot just to stay ahead of them.

Top Bottom