Cigar Box uke with popsicle stick fretboard

kotn

Reaction score
I started building this around the end of the summer if 2011. I didn't get anywhere near completing it, only shaped the neck, until I started shop class freshman year, I'm 15, which gave me a access to a lot of useful tools. The neck is purely made from Popsicle sticks that I ordered from ebay in a bag of 500 (used about 250). The fretboard and bridge are made of a wood that I found at our lumber store called Cocobolo, and it smells really good to, haha. I made the saddle and nut out of deer antler and I added a pick-up( made from a piezo transducer and a phono jackck to it as well. Here are some pictures.

Last edited:
Very cool....what scalle length is the uke? Did you do any bracing inside? How did you attach the neck?

Nice job for your first.

Tom

Very cool....what scalle length is the uke? Did you do any bracing inside? How did you attach the neck?

Nice job for your first.

Tom

It is a concert ukulele. There is some bracing on the inside, but it was made with rectangular peices of random wood in my shop class. The neck is attach using 2 t-nuts hammered in the butt of the neck then bolted on to the body.

Top Bottom