Soprano ukulele case

BIGDB

Reaction score
Im looking for a new soprano ukulele case. I don't want a gig bag I want one with a arm strap and I big inside compartment and outside I have $60 so im guessing I should be able to get a pretty nice.

I have a Martin s-1

Please help

hey BIGDB, try putting an ad in the marketplace too...lots of the movers and shakers hang out there I'm told... :p

Lanikai Hard Shell Case - a good case at a good price (have one for my Lanikai LU-21):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOHNER-LANI...739?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bc2e80a3
The Kala or the Lanikai polyfoam (they are the same thing, except the Kala has "Uke Crazy" stamped on the tab) are both very good, with a generous interior accessory compartment and an outer pocket as well. Comes with a strap that can be attached at the side or on the back.

Technically, polyfoam cases are not "hardshell" cases, but they are incredibly sturdy and lightweight, offering far more protection than a normal gig bag, although they're a bit bulkier. They are also fairly inexpensive.

I doubt you'll find a traditional shaped hardshell case that offers as much storage. The accessory pocket under the neck will be small.

Check out Stagg soprano ukulele cases-I have two for my Kamaka's and really like them. Tweed, hardshell and well padded. I had to modify the neck support a bit on both (lowering the support post) but they have held up well. Got mine in local music shop for $40.00 each. Has a small storage compartment-not sure you will find a soprano size case with much more to offer for the price.

For my soprano I have a Gator case, which is very very good. I wished they would make them in concert size as well.

For my soprano I have a Gator case, which is very very good. I wished they would make them in concert size as well.

I have one too for soprano and it's really good, but I don't think they even make these any more. I can't find them on their website. It seems a pity. They used to be on this page.

Top Bottom