It's time to buy a case...

His Sinfulness

Reaction score
...and I've heard stories about some airlines refusing tenors as carry-ons. I intended to buy a flight case anyway, so now's the time. What should I get? I don't want to spend a fortune (it's not for a custom or anything, just my Lanikai cutaway). I would say $150 is the most I'm willing to spend. Is it possible to get a sturdy, checkable case for that?

Also - I used to fly dual and quadline kites which have some rather fragile (and expensive) spars in them. The conventional wisdom on putting them in checked baggage was to buy an upscale fishing rod case. Are there any cases out there made for other purposes that people have successfully repurposed or modified for ukes?

Last edited:
I really like my Protec case - very sturdy.

There are a couple of companies that sell general purpose molded equipment cases in various sizes - I used to use them when I was a traveling technician - they are just about indestructible. You should be able to find one the right size - since you're checking it anyway a little oversize with extra foam padding never hurts.

John

Look at Pelican cases. I haven't found a perfect uke sized one, but they are always coming out with new stuff. I just got a good sturdy/ waterproof iPad case.

–Lori

Top Bottom