so just ordered uBass.....

ukudaily.co.uk

Reaction score
After months of deliberation I have ordered my uBass from the Southern Ukulele Store, so excited! Also gone for the Thundergut strings, heard them in the shop and they sounded so good!

I've never played Bass so....has anyone got any tips?

The best bass advice I've ever gotten was "Don't play too much, just keep it simple" So far that has worked for 8 years of bass playing.

Enjoy the low end.

Paul

No tips - just wanted to wish you congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.

I bought a spruce top U-Bass about a month ago. I've never played a bass before either. I searched "U-Bass" in this and the Bass forum and found loads of threads about the U-Bass: what amp to buy, what strings, etc.

One of the best sites I've found for beginning bassists is this one: http://www.studybass.com/. I printed out the bass note fretboard, started learning where the notes are, chose an easy song with a prominent bass line,(CCR's "Down on the Corner") and in an hour, I was playing along just fine.

Have fun.

on stage: drink lots, look disinterested and look at the drummer.

Congratulations on the new U-Bass! I hope you post photos!

Gillian, thanks for the reference to studybass.com. I got a U-Bass a while ago but I've been afraid to delve into playing it for fear that I'd be overwhelmed. That site looks really helpful.

Is Ubass the go to bass? I've checked on the web and only found a German Maker starting around 2grand. Mele made a few but no more. How does the neck and action feel.

Top Bottom