Just got Pono Acacia Baritone

Bucky

Reaction score
My Pono Acacia Baritone arrived yesterday from HMS. I can't do video or sound but I can tell you that my shopping experience was perfect and that the ukulele arrived well packaged and on time.
Now, about the uke....as flawless as could be hoped for! Though it is not the deluxe model the wood is truly beautiful with nice contrasting grain and color variation. It also is a sweet smelling wood so intense that it's like having a mild incense on my lap while playing it! The finish and assembly is without any flaws that I can see...no glue visible, every joint is just right.
The sound and intonation is just beautiful- exactly what I was hoping for! It is deep, rich and has wonderful sustain. This uke is worth far more than it's asking price. I've only been playing for a year and this is my first Baritone (my other ukes are Mainland concert and pineapple, very nice). For anyone wondering about jumping up to a Baritone....I'm finding it to be an easy transition, lots of fun, and I am a person with little ability!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Congrats!

Was at a meeting of Steel City Ukuleles (www.steelcityukuleles.com) last evening and one of the members brought in her new Pono Acacia Baritone. A great looking and sounding instrument. I'm not into baritones but it did open up another option for my next concert.

Those Pono's are sweet no matter what size! Congrats on yours!

Great news Bucky!

I haven't seen a Pono Acacia in the flesh but I suspect you have one of the best value Baritones on the market. I have the Pono Mahogany Baritone and she's a real beauty.

Enjoy!!!

I am loving it! And I've always wanted to be part of a revolution but couldn't find a cause I cared enough about!

Congratulations on your new uke! Where are the pics for those of us with VUAS (vicarious ukulele acquisition syndrome)?

I have a Pono mahogany baritone that I love. I'm sure your acacia is just as nice.

Top Bottom