Got my first uke . . . shirt. Let's see yours.

Eyeguy

Reaction score
Figured if I was going to be a bonafide uke player, I needed a uke shirt. Here's what I picked up. Let's see yours.

DSC_0093.jpg

And so it begins....... :cool:

Yup, I guess it does, but you know, it's funny, I've been playing guitar for about 10 years or so and own many guitars, but never have had the urge to own a guitar shirt. But now the uke, well, that's different somehow. Something about the uke seems to inspire a bit of whimsy and playfulness that makes owning a happy uke shirt about the most logical thing in the world to do.

I only have the black Moore Bettah one so far, but I agree....there's something about a uke that makes it a natural for a shirt.

Yup, I guess it does, but you know, it's funny, I've been playing guitar for about 10 years or so and own many guitars, but never have had the urge to own a guitar shirt. But now the uke, well, that's different somehow. Something about the uke seems to inspire a bit of whimsy and playfulness that makes owning a happy uke shirt about the most logical thing in the world to do.

I'm a guitar player who just recently picked up a ukulele. I thought I was going to pick up a uke shirt of some sort, but not so sure now. I can't seem to get into the uke like the guitar. I pick it up and play it for 15 minutes, and I'm ready to sit it down. It just hasn't jumped out and won me over yet.

play4Him,

Funny, I'm just the opposite. Since I picked up my first uke, I can't seem to stop playing it, which makes going back to the guitar awfully hard as it makes the 1 and 3/4 nut width on my guitar feel like 3 inches :D One thing that seems to have occurred with me is that I am learning to play songs on the uke I would never have played on the guitar - old crooner songs and tin pan alley stuff and the like. Shoot, the other day I was learning Bare Necessities, the Disney tune, which I wouldn't have pursued on the guitar in a million years, but found myself having a blast with it on the uke. Anyway, it's opened up a whole new world of musical possibilities that I just hadn't considered before. I'm not giving up the guitar, mind you, just adding a little extra spice and fun to my rather limited playing abilities.

Top Bottom