Practicing Ukulele While Driving A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
I've discovered that, with a little finesse, I can lay my ukulele across my abdomen and practice strum patterns and picking patterns effectively while I drive my car down the highway.

There's no real fretting--except at stoplights, of course--because my fretting hand is on the wheel driving the car.

I'm surprised at how many neat picking patterns one can develop with only the standard GCEA. It's a fabulous way to get some serious practice time in while logging some hours on the road for summer travelers.

Aloha!

Last edited:
As irresponsible as it sounds, I actually restrung a uke while driving today. Probably not one of the smarter things I've done and I don't think ill make a habit of it.

As a cyclist, I have to say that the thought of drivers doing things like that (or texting, applying makeup, etc) absolutely terrifies me.

Be sure and have some Grey Poupon in the glove box for when you get pulled over...
You kinda scare the hell out of me now, but yeah- practice is practice- anytime and anywhere ;)

Absolutely, positively not cool. Stop that immediately. Shame on you both. Clearly you've never been on the receiving end of someone else doing something that stupid while driving. This is not funny in any way.

Hrmmmmmm... I'm trying to put this in context and imagine that traffic in Illinois is a completely different beast than here in Los Angeles. I'm envisioning this: open highways without another driver travelling them except yourself, wide lanes where there is room to swerve if need be, and - as primarily a pedestrian myself - a complete lack of pedestrian traffic.

I hope I'm right.

I have a thirteen-year-old son who was very badly injured by a reckless driver a little over four years ago. For a week, the doctors could not tell whether he was going to live or die - or how his life would be if he survived. He was in a coma for three weeks, spent three months in hospital, and has been in rehab ever since. He's doing quite well, but his pain and suffering has been very bad. If anything like that ever happens to one of my loved ones again due to someone playing the ukulele while driving, the doctors would have a hard time removing ukulele parts from that person's interior. I would track that driver down and make him eat every uke in his possession. Without salt, for sure. So, folks: Keep your eyes and minds on the road.

I really love to play the ukulele, but seriously? I would never play whilst driving. Not to be a downer, BUT please let me know where you are doing this so I can stay away.

I honestly don't personally know anyone clueless enough to brag about, let alone admit, doing something so completely unrelated to operating a motor vehicle while operating a motor vehicle. I was injured while bicycling last fall by people in a car who were simply being inattentive, and I am thankful every day that I wasn't killed. As a result of that experience, I now believe that people who intentionally do distracting, non-driving related stuff while driving are either too oblivious to realize the magnitude of the danger they're creating for other people or too sociopathic to care. And I really don't care if saying that offends anyone.

This has got to be some troll bait. Who starts a thread that can be summed up as "I'm a complete and utter moron and I hope to kill others as well as myself with my own stupidity. Please nominate me for a Darwin Award." Because that's what this is. Either this is trolling or it's honest and neither is much better than the other. Welcome to my ignore list, both of you.

I lost a lifelong friend to assholes such as yourselves. May Coolkayaker1 and Ancientmatingcalls piss off.

Last edited:
I have a thirteen-year-old son who was very badly injured by a reckless driver a little over four years ago. For a week, the doctors could not tell whether he was going to live or die - or how his life would be if he survived. He was in a coma for three weeks, spent three months in hospital, and has been in rehab ever since. He's doing quite well, but his pain and suffering has been very bad. If anything like that ever happens to one of my loved ones again due to someone playing the ukulele while driving, the doctors would have a hard time removing ukulele parts from that person's interior. I would track that driver down and make him eat every uke in his possession. Without salt, for sure. So, folks: Keep your eyes and minds on the road.
This post says it all. Get a grip and think of others!

coolkayaker1,
THAT AIN'T COOL AND SO IS THE OTHER GUY.....NUFF SAID...............................BO..........................

I had just assumed this was a joke and not real.....please make that correct.

Please , ..drive your car and leave the ukulele at home. WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom