PDA

View Full Version : For the Jazz Heads (PODCAST CONTENT)

TCK
05-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Did a little Western Swing this week on my show- definitely of interest for all you Ukulele Ike and the like afficianados. I dug real deep here...there are tunes you will never hear again herein.
http://dlaurice.podomatic.com/entry/2012-05-18T20_08_54-07_00
As always- Enjoy
TCK

Dougf
05-19-2012, 03:51 AM
What a hoot! Where do you find that stuff? Do you have your own collection of 78s?

23skidoo
05-19-2012, 05:01 AM
good stuff.... on my second listen now.....

TCK
05-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Hey Doug- thanks for tuning in. Glad you liked the show-
I am a bit of an enigma in that I cannot collect records. My house is too small and it gets way too hot. I have managed to preserve about 100 78's I won't get rid of, and some other various pieces of vinyl... precious, signed, or containing too much joy for Ebay.
About ten years ago, when it occurred to me that I could digitize recordings and share them with folks, I jumped headlong into finding records, begging borrowing and ripping. Turned out that trading is pretty easy as well, and this collection started to grow. I research what I am looking for, find someone who has it in places just like this, and striking the trade. Most of this stuff is pretty old and obscure, so I am more interested in letting folks here it than physically possessing it. Funny-it turns out that record collectors are folks who LOVE music, and are obsessive about their collections...and thus, have no time to play them for others- turns out I do. Partnership really.
I have slowed down now (used to be a 40 hour a week endeavor) as I have enough music to listen to without stopping for about two continuous years...and the Ukulele beckons :) Fortunately- my 6 1TB drives do not take up too much room.

SKIDOO- told ya it was a sender mate :) Glad you are digging it!

The Ukelites
05-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Love that music! Thanks so much for sharing!

Dougf
05-20-2012, 04:04 AM
So Dave, are you digitizing other people's records? That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

TCK
05-20-2012, 05:51 AM
So Dave, are you digitizing other people's records? That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Pretty much- the worlds biggest mixtape :)