Falling Back In Love With My Ukes

RevWill

Reaction score
I haven't been playing as much in the last year because life has just been busy, but recently I've changed the strings on some of my ukes and begun to spend some quality time singing and playing.

I put Koolau Mahana strings on my Mainland Red Cedar Tenor. To me these feel like a perfect match for the uke. The uke's tone is still punchy but less aggressive, and the C string no longer booms when played hard. I've fallen in love with its sound again.

I put Martin flouros on my Tiki Flea. The tone and intonation are fantastic. This Flea was my first good uke, and I'm remembering why I loved it so much when it was new. I'm having a kick playing it again.

The Kente Fluke stays in my office with its new Koolau Alohi strings. Again, fantastic! It helps me to think and relax.

I didn't realize how much I missed playing and how much I love these particular instruments. I'm so happy with what I have. I've fallen back in love with the uke.

Glad to hear it! Sometimes time away is good-I took several months off uke playing (not intentionally-just happened) to pick up the mandolin again. Just re-strung my Kamaka soprano with Worth Browns - sounds amazing - been wanting to do that for a while just to hear what it would sound like. Kinda made me fall in love with that uke again!

Top Bottom